Muthalik sent to judicial custody in pub attack case of MangaloreJanuary 29th, 2009 - 9:32 pm ICT by ANI
Mangalore/New Delhi, Jan.29 (ANI) A local court in Mangalore on Thursday sent the Sri Ram Senas chief Pramod Muthalik to one-day judicial custody while reserving its decision till Friday over his bail plea in the pub attack case that occurred on January 24.
Muthalik was brought to Mangalore on Thursday afternoon. Though he was arrested in Davanagere on Wednesday but soon after a court granted him bail in another case.
Meanwhile, a team of Maharashtra ATS headed by a senior officer was scheduled to leave for the Mangalore later on Thursday to question him in connection with the Malegaon blast case.
The key accused in the Malegaon blast case Lt. Colonel Prasad Shrikant Purohit has reportedly told to his interrogators that he had met Shri Ram Sena Chief Pramod Muthalik and felt very enamoured by his work and dedication.
The disclosure is extensively documented in the recently released Malegaon blasts chargesheet. Purohit reportedly told his interrogators: “He had a meeting in Pune. There is an outfit in Karnataka. They are doing great work. But they have a different philosophy of good work. They are people who were associated with BJP and Sangh Pariwar. He used to be the chief of Bajrang Dal. He was thrown out due to ideological differences or he split with them and floated his own outfit Hindu Rashtra Sena and Shri Ram Sena.”
Pramod Muthalik, however, denied having any links in the Malegaon blast case. “I have nothing to do with Malegaon case,” Muthalik said outside a Mangalore court. (ANI)
- Mangalore court rejects Rama Sene chief's bail plea - Jan 30, 2009
- Court denies bail to Shri Ram Sena chief - Jan 30, 2009
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- All accused get bail in Mangalore pub attack case - Jan 31, 2009
- Malegaon blast: Purohit's custodial interrogation put off - Mar 21, 2012
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Army officer denied bail by apex court (Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Government objects in court to RSS chief's Malegaon remarks - Mar 01, 2012
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Mumbai ATS to probe Sri Rama Sene-Purohit links - Jan 29, 2009
- Pramod Muthalik gets bail in 2003 provocative speech case - Feb 02, 2009
- Malegaon blast accused not part of RSS: Ram Madhav - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: ats, bail plea, bjp, hindu rashtra, interrogators, jan 29, judicial custody, karnataka, local court, lt colonel, malegaon blast, mangalore, prasad, pune, purohit, sangh, senas, shrikant, sri ram, thursday afternoon