Muthalik calls off Valentines Day protest in BengaluruFebruary 12th, 2009 - 8:34 pm ICT by ANI
Bengaluru, Feb 12 (ANI): Pramod Muthalik, the founder of the Shri Ram Sena, has called off Valentines Day protests in Bengaluru, and added that protests would be held in other parts of the state.
Muthalik said that the decision to call off the protests was taken after they received specific information that some miscreants were planning to disrupt peace.
I have specific information that there are some miscreants will intentionally try and disrupt a peaceful protest by us so that the Sena and the government in Karnataka gets a bad name, he said.
All the attention is on Bengaluru and I am sure that someone will create trouble and blame the Shri Ram Sena, Rediff.com quoted Muthalik, as saying.
We have no intention of creating trouble for anyone and neither will we resort to any violence. In case any of our activists find anyone dressed indecently, then we will just protest in front of them, he added.
Muthalik said that calling of the Bengaluru protest is not a defeat for him or the Sena.
People across the nation know me now and my message has reached every nook and corner of this country. The impact of our message against Valentines Day has been loud and clear and 50 per cent of the colleges in Karnataka have directed their students not to celebrate Valentines Day, he added. (ANI)
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- Hindu radical outfit protests against Valentine's Day in Jammu and Kashmir - Feb 12, 2011
- Chidambaram asks Karnataka CM to maintain law and order on Valentine''s Day - Feb 12, 2009
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Sri Ram Sene chief Muthalik held ahead of V-Day in Karnataka - Feb 13, 2009
- Muthalik taken into preventive custody - Feb 13, 2009
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Black-faced Muthalik demands justice - Feb 12, 2010
- Rama Sene chief, over 100 others arrested in Karnataka ahead of V-Day (Lead) - Feb 13, 2009
- Pramod Muthalik justifies pub action, says will carry on protest peacefully - Feb 05, 2009
- Valentine Day opponents warned not to create trouble - Feb 12, 2010
- Mumbai sees peaceful V-Day - Feb 14, 2012