Muslims say they prayed for the country’’s safety during HajDecember 15th, 2008 - 12:45 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Dec 15 (ANI): Muslims who performed the Haj have said they prayed for the country’’s security in the wake of the Mumbai terror attacks.
Hundreds of people gathered outside the Amausi Airport here to greet their relatives as the first batch of Haj pilgrims returned home on Sunday.
“We prayed to Almighty that we be blessed with wisdom. I also prayed that the image of Islam must not be tarnished. I never dreamed of performing such a great ritual. There were more than eight million pilgrims forming a sea of humanity,” said Moin Ahmad, a Haj pilgrim.
Mubarak Ali Khan, another Haj pilgrim, said: “I prayed hard for India. I prayed that the dignity and security of my country must be maintained. Besides this, I had also prayed that the Almighty must shower blessings on all our countrymen so that we can prosper by leaps and bounds.”
The Haj is the largest annual pilgrimage in the world, which occurs from the 8th to 12th day of Islamic month Dhu al-Hijjah. (ANI)
- Sacrifice essence of life: Message of Eid-ul-Azha (Comment) - Nov 17, 2010
- Valid passports must for Indian Haj pilgrimage from 2012 - May 22, 2012
- Muslims across India offer prayers on last Friday of Ramadan - Sep 03, 2010
- India pays Rs.600 crore as Haj subsidy annually - May 08, 2012
- 200-year-old Ka'aba shroud goes on display in UAE - Aug 07, 2011
- Haj subsidy to end in 10 years, rules Supreme Court (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
- Amarnath pilgrims worship Holy Mace in Srinagar - Aug 19, 2010
- 44 Nigerian Haj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia - Dec 02, 2011
- Muslim clerics, leaders welcome apex court ruling on Haj (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Over 23,000 Indians arrive in Saudi Arabia for Haj - Oct 05, 2011
- 13 Indian Haj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia - Oct 12, 2011
- Haj pilgrimage cost to drop in Indonesia - Jun 16, 2010
- 16 Indian Haj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia - Oct 14, 2011
- 19 Indian Haj pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia - Oct 15, 2011
- First flight of Haj pilgrims arrives in Srinagar - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: ahmad, ali khan, blessings, countrymen, dignity, haj pilgrims, India, islam, leaps and bounds, lucknow, moin, mubarak ali, mumbai terror attack, muslims, pilgrim, pilgrimage, relatives, terror attacks, wisdom