Muslims offer Eid prayers at Taj MahalOctober 2nd, 2008 - 6:43 pm ICT by ANI
Agra (Uttar Pradesh), Oct 2 (ANI): Thousands of Muslims offered Eid prayers at the Taj Mahal complex, in Agra on Thursday.
In the wake of the recent blasts across the nation, security had been tightened in and around the Taj Mahal.
“Today we prayed for peace in the country. People who spread terror in the country are neither Hindu nor Muslims. They have no religion. So we prayed along with the chief cleric that terrorism should end in the country,” said Sahirudeen Tahir, a devotee.
Eid-ul-Fitr signifies the end of the month-long fasting during the holy month of Ramadan.
The Taj Mahal is a mausoleum built by Emperor Shahjahan as a testament to his love for his wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died in childbirth. (ANI)
- Karzai prays for welfare of Afghans - Aug 19, 2012
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- Chinese Muslims celebrate Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- Shah Jahan's 357th Urs celebrated at Taj Mahal - Jun 19, 2012
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- Iranian supreme leader pardons over 1,200 prisoners - Aug 29, 2011
- Dikshit greets people on Eid eve - Sep 10, 2010
- Eid celebrated in Delhi - Aug 31, 2011
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Lucknow - Sep 11, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Aug 31, 2011
- Shia Muslims to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Monday - Sep 20, 2009
- Eid celebrated in Tamil Nadu - Sep 10, 2010
- Rains play spoilsport on Eid in Kerala - Sep 10, 2010
Tags: blasts, childbirth, cleric, devotee, eid, eid ul fitr, emperor shahjahan, hindu, love, mausoleum, muslims, peace in the country, prayers, ramadan, religion, taj mahal, terror, terrorism, testament, uttar pradesh