Muslims in New Delhi protest against Gaza attackJanuary 17th, 2009 - 8:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 17 (ANI): Hundreds of Muslim protestors continued to protest against Israels attack on Gaza here on Saturday.
“This protest is aimed at the Government of India and the message that we give today from this protest is that the Government should not just speak, it should act. It has to remove the diplomatic relations with Israel. It has to break all strategic and military relations with Israel,” said Abdul Rashid Qureshi, a spokesperson of the protestors group.
According to the spokesperson, they also protested against USA, UK and United Nations for their alleged pro-Israeli actions.
More than 1140 Palestinians have been killed since Israel launched its offensive against Gaza on December 27 to force Hamas to stop rocket attacks on its territory.
Israel has accused Hamas of sheltering among the civilian population and using sites such as mosques and schools as military posts. (ANI)
- Israeli air strike kills one Palestinian in Gaza - Jan 12, 2011
- One killed after Israeli air strikes hit the Gaza Strip in response to rocket fire - Aug 17, 2011
- Israeli planes attack Hamas sites in Gaza - Feb 26, 2011
- US concerned about attacks in Israel - Mar 11, 2012
- Israel Navy intercepts Gaza-bound aid vessels - Nov 04, 2011
- Israel fires at two Palestinians on Gaza border - Jan 18, 2011
- Israeli jets hit Hamas targets in Gaza, nine hurt - Jul 31, 2010
- Israeli airstrikes wound 10 in Gaza - Mar 20, 2010
- Hamas calls on Palestinians to abduct Israelis - Apr 18, 2012
- Muslims take to streets to demand journalist's release - Mar 24, 2012
- Seize Israeli soldiers to swap for Palestinian prisoners: Hamas - Oct 07, 2011
- Israel considers referendum on peace deal with Palestinians - Sep 22, 2010
- Hamas hails decision to permanently open Rafah border crossing - May 27, 2011
- Israel fears more rocket attacks - Mar 27, 2012
- Five Palestinians killed in Israeli airstrike - Oct 30, 2011
Tags: abdul rashid, civilian population, diplomatic relations, gaza attack, government of india, hamas, israeli actions, military posts, military relations, mosques, muslim, muslims, New Delhi, palestinians, protest, protestors, rocket attacks, spokesperson, united nations, usa uk