Muslim cleric wants one-eyed veil to control seduction among Saudi Arabian womenOctober 6th, 2008 - 4:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct.6 (ANI): A Muslim cleric has demanded that Saudi women should be fully veil (nigab) that reveals only one eye, in order to control seduction.
Sheikh Muhammad al-Habadan said that Saudi Arabian women are encouraged to use eye makeup and look seductive when allowed to wear a veil that exposes both eyes.
How much of their face Muslim women expose differs from country to country, and is an area of contention.
According to The Telegraph, the nigab is more common in Saudi Arabia. But women in much of the Muslim Middle East wear a headscarf that covers only their hair.
Sheikh Habadan is an ultra-conservative cleric who is said to have wide influence among religious Saudis.
He was answering questions on the Muslim satellite channel al-Majd. (ANI)
- Saudi women with attractive eyes may be forced to cover them - Nov 19, 2011
- Saudi clerics declare French Muslim women exempt from wearing veils - Jul 26, 2010
- Saudi Arabia threatens to quit Olympics - Jul 27, 2012
- Burkha-clad Saudi housewife poised to win Middle East 'Pop Idol' - Mar 31, 2010
- UAE mourns death of Saudi crown prince - Jun 16, 2012
- Al Qaeda wanted to attack Saudi capital - Dec 03, 2010
- Obama's pitch for moderate form of Islam comes unstuck in Indonesia - Nov 14, 2010
- Saudi Arabia educating its women for jobs: Louise Khurshid - Oct 24, 2010
- Osama bin Laden timeline - May 02, 2011
- Egyptian channel with veiled women launches broadcast - Jul 21, 2012
- First Indian women's' team returns from S. Arabia with a few surprises - Oct 27, 2010
- Manmohan Singh touched by Saudi gestures - Mar 02, 2010
- Veiled Muslim women barred from entering France - Jun 13, 2012
- Abducted Saudi diplomat in Yemen makes fresh appeal - Jul 02, 2012
- Supermodel Gisele censored for the Middle East H&M - Mar 23, 2011
Tags: answering questions, contention, eye makeup, headscarf, london, middle east, muhammad, muslim cleric, muslim women, satellite channel, saudi arabia, saudi arabian women, saudi women, saudis, seduction, telegraph, veil