Musharraf regime starts search for potential PM to head interim govt.November 14th, 2007 - 1:54 am ICT by admin
“Dr Ishrat Hussain has so far topped the list of candidates for the interim period premiership although his name is not yet finalised,” the source said.
“Both Musharraf and Aziz are of the view that the head of the interim government should be a non-political personality but even then there are few political figures who are very much in the race,” he observed.
Sources said that names of former caretaker Prime Minister Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi and Hamid Nasir Chattha are also being considered.
However, their appointment is subjected to future political plans and if they are willing to stay out of active politics for next five years, one of them may be appointed on this lucrative post.
The source said that the top three powerbrokers of the country would finalise all ministers of the interim cabinet besides the head of the government and were yet to reach confirmation on any.
Meanwhile, Minister for Information and Broadcasting Muhammad Ali Durrani confirmed that the interim government would be in place after November 15 and a long list of probables was under consideration in this regard.
He said that next Prime Minister would be a non-political person and decision in this regard will be taken soon. (ANI)
- Musharraf in Dubai to meet 'old friends' to garner support for political ambition - Jul 05, 2010
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- Danger for Musharraf if proceedings commenced against him in Benazir murder case - Feb 11, 2011
- Pakistan needs political stability: Gilani - Jun 09, 2011
- Many in race for Maharashtra Rajya Sabha seat - Jul 06, 2011
- Pakistani minister axed for criticizing military, Supreme Court - Sep 26, 2010
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Jatoi ousted over hostile remarks against Pak Chief Justice, Army - Sep 26, 2010
- Iraq Sentences Former Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz To Death - Oct 27, 2010
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Ex-Pak PM Ghulam Mustafa Jatoi passes away - Nov 21, 2009
- Musharraf forced NAB to drop cases against his close aides: Ex-NAB chairman - Dec 06, 2009
- Gilani discusses Pakistan-US ties with politicians - Sep 25, 2011
- PML-Q won't blackmail beleaguered PPP-led Pak coalition govt: Shujaat - Jan 04, 2011
- Gilani names Zaheerul Islam as new ISI chief - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: ali durrlucrative post, ghulam mustafa, government ranks, hussain, interim government, interim period, muhammad ali, musharraf regime, political person, political personality, political plans, powerbrokers, president pervez musharraf, prime minister, regard, shaukat aziz