Murli Deora for use of hydrocarbon fuels prudentlyOctober 21st, 2008 - 6:25 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 21 (ANI): Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Murli Deora today said that the present volatility in the global economy has affected India and though the Government is trying its best to overcome the present difficult times, it is the duty of each one of us to use the hydrocarbon fuels prudently and in most efficient way.
Speaking at a function here, Deora said unless we adopt such technologies which help us to increase fuel efficiency leading to conservation of the fuels, it would be enormously difficult for us to sustain this level of growth.
“For oil and gas sector, the present time is certainly both challenging and demanding. Our country has been witnessing a growth rate of over eight per cent over a period. This has led to increase in energy demand it cannot be sustained unless we adopt better technologies and rational approach in use of hydrocarbon fuels,” he added.
He further said that the high crude oil prices in recent past particularly in the last two years have severely impacted national economy. Though, currently we have witnessed fall in prices of crude oil, the under-recoveries of the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies are still very high due to weakening of rupee.
“As on date, the under-recoveries of the Oil Marketing Companies on petrol, diesel, kerosene and LPG amongst to over Rs.1, 50,000 crore,” he said.
“Out of this, the under-recovery on diesel alone is approximately Rs.1, 00,000 crore”, he added. (ANI)
- Decision on fuel prices deferred, CCPA meet postponed - Sep 11, 2012
- Ministerial panel to decide on diesel price hike next week (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- Oil companies to bear Rs.121,571 crore under-recoveries: Reddy - Oct 19, 2011
- Diesel under-recoveries of oil companies rise 14 percent - Aug 16, 2012
- Diesel price to be decontrolled in due course: Deora - Nov 01, 2010
- Oil ministry lobbies for fuel price hike (Lead) - Mar 24, 2010
- PM hints at fuel price hike, stresses energy security - Apr 28, 2012
- Ministerial panel to decide diesel price hike Dec 22 - Dec 15, 2010
- petrol decontrol positive for oil companies: Crisil - Jun 28, 2010
- May consider reduction of diesel subsidy : Reddy - Feb 15, 2012
- Forced to hike petrol prices, say government, oil firms - Nov 04, 2011
- No government role in petrol price hike: Pranab - Nov 05, 2011
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- India Inc calls for dual pricing of diesel, LPG - May 24, 2012
- Petrol prices lowered by Rs.1.85 per litre - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: crude oil prices, deora, difficult times, energy demand, fuel efficiency, gas sector, global economy, hydrocarbon fuels, kerosene, marketing companies, national economy, New Delhi, oil and gas, present time, public sector oil, rational approach, rs 1, rupee, union minister, volatility