Munnabhai’s ‘Gandhigiri’ puts him in trouble this timebApril 18th, 2009 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr. 18 (ANI): A notice has been issued to Bollywood actor and Samajwadi Party General Secretary Sanjay Dutt for allegedly passing a “sexist remark” on Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati.
During an election rally in Pratapgarh on Saturday, Dutt offered ‘jaadu ki jhappi’ to Mayawati who, he said, could not do any developmental work in the region.
“I will give Mayawati a hug and a kiss (jaadu ki jhappi). In her governance there are taps but no water, bulbs but no electricity, and hospitals without beds,” Dutt said at an election rally in Pratapgarh on April 17, 2009.
The District Magistrate of Pratapgarh issued a notice to him for passing sexist comments against Mayawati.
Dutt played the lead protagonist in popular movie, Munna Bhai Lage Raho, which promoted the concept of “Gandhigiri.” The concept advoicates Gandhian ideals like truth and non-violence in contemporary terms.
This was the second controversy for Dutt this week, a television report.
On Tuesday, an FIR was registered against Dutt for allegedly violating the model code of conduct by making communal remarks in an election rally in Mau district.
Dutt had said, “When I was in police custody I was given third degree by them because I am son of a Muslim lady.”
The district administration of Mau reacted promptly in the matter and filed a complaint against Sanjay Dutt for violating the Model Code of Conduct. (ANI)
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt calls Mayawati 'sister', apologizes for 'Jhappi' dialogue - Apr 22, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt charged for 'jhappi to Mayawati' remark - Apr 02, 2010
- Jhappi only for Mayawati, pappi for public, says Sanjay Dutt - Apr 24, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt in Mayawati trouble for 'jaadu ki jhappi' offer (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Another FIR against Sanjay Dutt - Apr 21, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt booked again for remarks against Mayawati - Apr 21, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt booked for Mayawati remarks (Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Notice against Sanjay Dutt for Mayawati remarks - Apr 18, 2009
- Lack of strong script delaying third 'Munna Bhai': Hirani - Apr 02, 2012
- Bailable warrant issued against Sanjay Dutt - Mar 27, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt summoned for remarks against Mayawati - Jun 25, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh officials working for BSP: Amar Singh - Apr 18, 2009
- Sanjay Dutt gets relief in Uttar Pradesh case - May 04, 2012
- You need passion to become an actor: Boman Irani - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: bulbs, chief minister, code of conduct, district administration, district magistrate, election rally, fir, gandhigiri, general secretary, Mayawati, model code, munnabhai, New Delhi, police custody, pratapgarh, protagonist, Samajwadi Party, sanjay dutt, television report, third degree