Munde arrives in DelhiApril 22nd, 2008 - 2:44 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Apr 22 (ANI): Former Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Gopinath Munde, who had resigned from his party posts on Sunday, arrived here this morning to have talks with Bharatiya Janata Partys (BJP) central leadership.
“I am confident that we should be able to sort out the issue by the end of the day,” Venkaiah Naidu, a senior BJP leader told reporters before leaving for Leader of Opposition L.K.Advani’s residence, where the meeting is being held.
Another senior leader Bal Apte said, Munde is the tallest leader in the state and will lead the party in the next Assembly elections.
Munde had reportedly expressed his displeasure over the appointment of Madhu Chavan, a close confidant of Maharashtra BJP president Nitin Gadkari, as president of the Mumbai BJPunit. He wanted Kirit Somaya to be the Mumbai party chief.
Munde, who appeared ready for reconciliation, said, I will not leave the BJP and appointment of Madhu Chavan is not the only issue.
Munde is expected to meet BJP president Rajnath Singh separately.
According to party sources, a bitter battle has been raging between Munde and Nitin Gadkari over several party decisions taken with relation to Maharashtra.
Though Munde was summoned to Delhi by the party leadership, he sent his representatives on Monday. Munde has reportedly met Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray and Maharashtra Minister Chhagan Bhujbal of Nationalist Congerss Party (NCP). (ANI)
- Congress, NCP leaders also turn up to felicitate Munde - Dec 12, 2010
- Vinod Tawde new opposition leader in Maharashtra council - Dec 16, 2011
- Not leaving BJP, says Munde - Jun 22, 2011
- Munde won't leave party, say BJP leaders - Jun 21, 2011
- BJP calls emergency meet to discuss Munde issue - Jun 20, 2011
- Gopinath Munde denies plans to join Shiv Sena - Jun 17, 2011
- Munde moves will not affect saffron alliance: Bal Thackeray - Jun 22, 2011
- Rift in Goa BJP settled: Gadkari - Feb 05, 2012
- BJP keen on MNS as part of alliance in Maharashtra - Mar 01, 2011
- BJP holds rally against 'mafia rule' in Maharashtra - Mar 14, 2011
- Manmohan Singh weakest PM: Advani - Oct 17, 2011
- Parrikar sworn-in as Goa chief minister - Mar 09, 2012
- BJP national executive meeting to be kept 'simple' - May 18, 2012
- BJP, Shiv Sena meet to sort out differences - Mar 13, 2011
- Gadkari supports Munde on tri-partite alliance - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: apte, assembly elections, bal thackeray, bitter battle, bjp leader, bjp president, central leadership, chhagan bhujbal, confidant, deputy chief minister, displeasure, janata, l k advleader of opposition, madhu, party leadership, party posts, senior bjp, somaya, venkaiah naidu