Mumbai taxis, auto-rickshaws on strikeJune 22nd, 2010 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 22 (ANI): Thousands of taxis and autorickshaws in Mumbai on Tuesday went off the roads after a strike by drivers demanding hike in fares.
The demand for hike was prompted by the soaring prices of CNG.
Auto unions want the minimum fare for rickshaws to be increased by Rs 6 to Rs 15 and Rs 8 for every subsequent kilometre.
The taxi union is asking for a hike in the minimum fare from Rs 14 to Rs 16.
The striking union members are expected to meet Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil, Transport Commissioner and other authorities regarding their resolutions and demands. (ANI)
- Delhi's autos, taxis to go on strike from Aug 3 - Jul 20, 2012
- Auto, taxi fare charges likely to increase in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Commuting by CNG driven autos, taxis to cost dearly in Mumbai - Jun 22, 2010
- Auto, taxi fares in Delhi likely to go up - Jun 20, 2010
- Auto fares hiked after flash strike in Mumbai (Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Auto strike hits hard Mumbai suburban commuters - Apr 16, 2012
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit - Feb 28, 2012
- Delhi auto, taxi rides costlier (Lead) - Jun 22, 2010
- Strike takes autos off Delhi roads, commuters hit (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Delhi Govt may revise auto, taxi fares on Monday - Jun 20, 2010
- Delhi clears hike in auto, taxi fares - Jun 21, 2010
- Delhi clears hike in auto, taxi fares (Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- Mumbai's auto-richshaws to get electronic meters - Oct 09, 2011
- Mumbai taxi fares rise from Sunday - Jun 23, 2010
- Dial-an-auto soon in Maharashtra - Apr 03, 2012