Mumbai residents in awful condition as taps out of waterJune 3rd, 2009 - 9:01 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 3(ANI): The ongoing water crisis in Mumbai has ruptured residents of their daily life, as their taps have run dry.
Residents were seen filling water from tankers at various places, arranged by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
“It’s been two days that we have not received water. There’s no water for drinking and other purposes. Now we will have to drink water from the tanker. There are no arrangements. It’s Mumbai and not any village. I have travelled one kilometre to fetch water because there are no water tankers in my area,” Vipin Shah, a local resident said.
Residents have been facing severe problem as the supply has been discontinued due to construction of new railway tracks. Southern and central Mumbai were the most affected areas.
On being asked about the crisis, Subha Raul, the Mayor of Mumbai, said that the supply has already been restored in some areas.
“We are working zone wise so the next zone work would be taken on June 5. So people will have to bear with the water shortage for one more day and moreover, this is for the good of the people and we have to do this for our project,” Subha raul, Mumbai Mayor said.
She also said that the work would be completed soon and arrangement of water tankers would be made to supply drinking water where supply is affected.(ANI)
- Mumbai, Maharashtra face grave water crisis - Jun 25, 2012
- Two-day water cut in Mumbai from Monday - May 06, 2012
- Water crisis in Delhi as Haryana cuts supply (With Image) - Jun 16, 2012
- Water crisis triggers violent protest in Mumbai - Feb 14, 2010
- Maharashtra left with only 13 percent water in reservoirs - Jun 27, 2012
- Water crisis hits south Delhi, residents suffer - Jun 23, 2010
- Mumbai faces serious water shortage - Jul 19, 2012
- Private firms to provide 400 water tankers in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Water shortage in Gujarat, citizens demonstrate - May 07, 2010
- Where has all water gone, asks thirty Taj city - Mar 22, 2011
- Rebels, relatives in fray for BMC elections - Jan 31, 2012
- Save water campaign organized in Maharashtra - Jan 17, 2010
- Mumbai faces water cuts after July 15 - Jun 26, 2012
- Mumbai seeks Israel aid for water management - Jun 30, 2011
- Mumbai residents cry foul over 15 percent water cut - Oct 30, 2009