Mumbai Police questions Gautam Vora in Babaji-suicide caseJune 29th, 2010 - 7:40 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 29(ANI): Mumbai Police on Tuesday questioned supermodel Viveka Babaji’s boyfriend, Gautam Vora, for the second time.
Babaji had apparently committed suicide at her Bandra apartment on Friday.
Vora reached Khar police station on Tuesday morning, after being questioned by the police for close to two and a half hours on Monday evening.
Fearing an arrest in Babaji’s suicide case, Vora had filed for anticipatory bail, after the suicide note recovered from the model’s flat mentioned his name.
After hearing his bail plea, Principal Judge M. L. Tahaliyani, of a Sessions Court had directed Vora to record his statement with the police.
Meanwhile, R.V. Kini, the public prosecutor, has said that abetment charges could be levied on Vora only after all the investigations are conducted and his statements recorded.
Earlier on Monday, Babaji’s last rites were performed in the presence of her mother, who had flown in from Mauritius. Many of Viveka Babaji’s friends and family members attended the cremation.
Initial investigations into the case suggest that Babaji was depressed after a fight with Vora. Police also recovered a letter from her residence. (ANI)
- Viveka's friend Gautam Vohra gets court relief - Jun 29, 2010
- Court asks Viveka's boyfriend to give statement to cops - Jun 28, 2010
- Viveka's family accuses boyfriend of abetting suicide (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Viveka's family releases photographs to prove her relations with Gautam - Jul 05, 2010
- No plan to reopen Viveka Babajee case, says family (With Image) - Apr 24, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kanda's anticipatory bail plea (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Police hand over Viveka's house keys to family - Jul 08, 2010
- Police to grill Viveka Babajee's boyfriend - Jun 27, 2010
- New developments in Viveka Babajee case - Aug 09, 2010
- Kanda to face police questions for 7 days (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Second lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: bail plea, being questioned by the police, cremation, family members, friends and family, initial investigations, june 29, last rites, note recovered from, police questions, police station, public prosecutor, second time, sessions court, suicide case, suicide note, tuesday morning, two and a half hours, viveka babaji, vora