Mumbai police file chargesheet against 21 IM membersFebruary 17th, 2009 - 9:06 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Feb 17 (ANI): Mumbai Police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against 21 alleged members of the terror outfit, Indian Mujahideen (IM), for hatching a conspiracy to execute bomb blasts across the country.
The chargesheet has been filed in the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court.
The Mumbai Crime Branch, in an 1800-page chargesheet, has charged all the accused.
They have been booked under various Sections of the Indian Penal Code, Arms Act, Explosives Act, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Information Technology Act.
The Mumbai Crime Branch had last year arrested five accused in connection with the blasts.
The terror group is alleged to have carried out blasts across the country since 2006 including the 2008 serial blasts in Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore and Surat. (ANI)
- A year on, 13/7 blasts' trial may take years to begin - Jul 13, 2012
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: 11 accused fail to appear in court - Feb 21, 2011
- Chargesheet in Delhi High Court blast Wednesday - Mar 12, 2012
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 - Feb 05, 2011
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi serial bombings: Eighth charge sheet filed - Sep 09, 2009
- German Bakery blast plot hatched in Colombo: Charge-sheet - Dec 06, 2010
- Dey murder: Chargesheet filed against scribe Jigna Vora - Feb 21, 2012
- Woman journalist charged for J. Dey murder (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: alleged members, bangalore, bomb blasts, conspiracy, crime act, crime branch, explosives, indian penal code, information technology act, page chargesheet, prevention act, serial blasts, terror group