Mumbai gunman killed in shoot-out in BEST busOctober 27th, 2008 - 9:53 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Oct 27 (ANI): An unidentified gunman, allegedly trying to take passengers hostage in a state transport bus in Mumbais suburban Kurla was killed today by police in a shoot-out.
The incident occurred around 9.30 a.m. inside a BEST bus (Bombay Electric Supply and Transport) in the suburb, according to reports.
Mumbai Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime), Rakesh Maria, said, “The man fired at the police in ”Bail” bazar area of Kurla and was shot in retaliatory fire.”
Maria further said that police suspected the gunman was trying to take the bus passengers hostage and the fact was being verified.
He was pronounced dead at the Rajawadi hospital in Ghatkopar, where he was taken after being shot. (ANI)
- Gunman kills one, takes another hostage in German town - Jul 05, 2012
- Central Railway fire halts Mumbai (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- 18 killed in Maharashtra bus accident - May 28, 2012
- Mumbai journalist's funeral in afternoon - Jun 12, 2011
- Nationwide stir: Maharashtra grinds to a halt (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Mumbai suburban train service getting back to normal - Apr 20, 2012
- Rs.20 lakh relief for terror suspect's custody death - Apr 10, 2012
- Shop owner gunned down in Mumbai - Mar 19, 2011
- Cop facing probe into farmer deaths injures himself - Nov 07, 2011
- Two men stabbed to death in Mumbai suburb - Jun 14, 2010
- Local trains hit as rains lash Mumbai - Aug 29, 2011
- Two Dawood Ibrahim aides arrested in Mumbai - Jun 25, 2010
- 2003 Mumbai twin blasts verdict Dec 12 - Nov 12, 2011
- 27 killed, 29 injured in Maharashtra accident (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012