Mumbai court rules that Kasab is not a minor as per medical reportsApril 28th, 2009 - 4:09 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr 28 (ANI): A special court here today ruled that Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone survivor of the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, is not a minor.
The court ruling was based on ossification and blood tests submitted to it. The reports claim that Kasab is aged above 20 years.
The medical reports have been handed over to Special Public Prosecutor Ujwal Nikam, who continues to demand that he would like to examine two witnesses.
On April 24, a court had ordered an inquiry to determine the age of Kasab. The court’s order came after Kasab claimed to have been a minor at the time of Mumbai carnage.
Special Court Judge M. L. Tahiliyani said then that a radiologist and a forensic dentist would examine Kasab. Tahiliyani also allowed special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam to examine witnesses comprising doctors and jailor.
The trial is to resume on May 2. (ANI)
- Court to decide whether Kasab is a juvenile or not - Apr 28, 2009
- Special court orders medical test to determine Kasab's age - Apr 24, 2009
- Court rejects Kasab's request to see X-ray plates - May 02, 2009
- 26/11: Pak judicial panel to begin India visit Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- 26/11: Pakistani judicial panel begins visit to India (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Pakistani panel in Mumbai to examine 26/11 witnesses - Mar 15, 2012
- Nikam flashes V-sign after Kasab's death sentence - May 06, 2010
- Pakistan judicial commission leaves for New Delhi - Mar 19, 2012
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Death to Kasab will help heal wounds: Ujjwal Nikam (Lead) - May 06, 2010
- Kasab is over 20 years old - medical examiners tell court - Apr 28, 2009
- Mumbai prosecutor Nikam demands death sentence for Kasab - May 04, 2010
- 26/11 case: Nikam says he will challenge acquittal of co-accused - May 03, 2010
- Mumbai Special Court sentences Kasab to death - May 06, 2010
- Mumbai court to hear arguments, may sentence Kasab today - May 04, 2010
Tags: ajmal, amir, april 24, blood tests, carnage, court judge, doctors, forensic dentist, lone survivor, medical reports, mohammed, nikam, ossification, public prosecutor, radiologist, terror attacks, two witnesses