Mumbai ATS nabs two German Bakery blast suspectsSeptember 8th, 2010 - 2:46 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Sep 8 (ANI): The Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has arrested two people in connection with the blast that ripped Pune’s German Bakery on February 13 this year.
Earlier on August 10, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said the police have identified the culprits involved in the German Bakery blast.
“Police have identified those involved in the German Bakery blast. They also have proofs and know the whereabouts of these persons who are at large in various parts of the country,” said Patil on the sidelines of a function in Pune.
“The ATS in coordination with Central agencies were tracking the blast accused,” he added, expressing confidence that the culprits would be nabbed soon.
The Pune blast, which killed seventeen people and wounded at least 57, was seen as the first major attack on India since the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
The bakery is located in Koregaon Park, which is close to the Osho Ashram and the Chabad House, a Jewish prayer house, frequented by numerous foreigners and tourists. (ANI)
- Pune's German Bakery blast suspects identified: Maha Home Minister - Aug 10, 2010
- German Bakery blast accused produced in Mumbai court - May 25, 2010
- Pune blast death toll rises to 12 - Feb 20, 2010
- Pune pays tribute to German Bakery blast victims (Lead) - Feb 13, 2011
- Bollywood actors pay tribute to German Bakery blast victims - Feb 21, 2010
- Chidambaram hints at Headley link to Pune bombing - Feb 14, 2010
- Maharashtra's ATS identifies key instigator behind Pune blast - Apr 08, 2010
- Pune blast death toll rises to 16 - Feb 24, 2010
- No intelligence failure in Pune: Chidambaram - Feb 14, 2010
- SIMI, Indian Mujahideen own up to Pune blast: police - Feb 25, 2010
- Nine killed, 32 hurt in Pune terror blast - Feb 14, 2010
- Kin of Pune blast victims holds a candlelight vigil in Mumbai - Feb 22, 2010
- Agencies aware of terror plot regarding Jewish Chabad House: Pune IG Law and Order - Feb 14, 2010
- Pune Police reassures safety for students - Feb 20, 2010
- Indian Mujahideen, LeT on suspect list in Pune terror attack - Feb 15, 2010
Tags: ats, august 10, bakery, chabad house, confidence, coordination, culprits, foreigners, home minister, India, jewish prayer, maharashtra, osho ashram, pune, sidelines, terror attacks, terrorism, tourists