Multi-dimensional body to probe Satyam fraud: CBIFebruary 19th, 2009 - 12:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi/ Hyderabad, Feb 19 (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has said it would form a multi-disciplinary investigation team to probe the accounting fraud at IT major Satyam Computer Services Ltd.
The CBI, which has taken over the probe, said a consultative mechanism was being worked out with all departments concerned.
“We are going through various aspects of this multi-dimensional and unique scam. We will soon register the case. The CBI now proposes to establish a multi-disciplinary investigation team with headquarters at Hyderabad. A joint consultative and coordination mechanism is being worked out with concerned ministries, departments and institutions for providing necessary assistance to the CBI,” said Harsh Behl, a CBI spokesman.
Meanwhile, a city court in Hyderabad has dismissed the bail petitions of Satyam founder B Ramalinga Raju, his brother Rama Raju and former CFO V Srinivas, all of them whom are lodged in the Chanchalguda Jail here.
A case has been filed against Raju under Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 406 (criminal breach of trust), 420 (cheating), 468 (forgery for cheating) and 477-a (fraudulent cancellation of securities) of IPC.
Raju had disclosed a financial fraud in the company to the tune of Rs 7,800 crore by inflating profits and showing fictitious assets where none existed. (ANI)
- Satyam case: Hyderabad court dismisses bail plea of Raju brothers, Srinivas - Feb 18, 2009
- Satyam scam is of over Rs.14,000 crore, says CBI (Lead) - Nov 24, 2009
- Satyam scam is of over Rs.14,000 crore: CBI (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2009
- CBI files second charge sheet in Satyam scam - Jan 07, 2010
- Satyam fraud case: CBI grills Raju for three hours - Oct 05, 2010
- Former Satyam chief Raju gets bail (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Former Satyam chief Raju gets bail (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Supreme Court cancels bail to Satyam's Raju, asks him to surrender by Nov. 8 - Oct 26, 2010
- Ramalinga Raju, others sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Mar 09, 2009
- CBI files additional charge sheet in Satyam case - Nov 24, 2009
- Ramalinga Raju surrenders in court, back in jail (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Raju brothers, Srinivas bail plea dismissed - Jan 28, 2009
- CBI to quiz Satyam founder Raju - Oct 04, 2010
- CBI to quiz Satyam founder Raju today - Oct 05, 2010
- Bailed Satyam founder Raju makes second appearance before Hyderabad court - Aug 26, 2010
Tags: accounting fraud, breach of trust, cbi, central bureau of investigation, computer services ltd, consultative mechanism, coordination mechanism, criminal breach of trust, criminal conspiracy, crore, dimensional body, disciplinary investigation, fictitious assets, financial fraud, hyderabad, investigation team, necessary assistance, rama raju, ramalinga, satyam computer services ltd