Mulford meets Menon, expresses disappointment over nuke deal impasseNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:28 am ICT by admin
The meeting came a day after Singh said the “process of evolving a meaningful consensus” on the deal is still on, indicating that he had still not lost hope on it.
The comment came less than a week after Singh said that failure of the deal would not be “the end of life” and that his was “not a one-issue government”.
Three days ago, US President George W Bush called up Singh, who was in Nigeria, and the Prime Minister told him that “difficulties” had arisen in operationalisation of the deal.
Mulford had earlier met External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Joint Secretary (Americas) in the Ministry to convey his country’s disappointment. (ANI)
- Menon again flies to Dhaka, holds talks with Hasina advisers - Sep 04, 2011
- India, US discuss Syria, Iran, UN reforms - Aug 22, 2012
- Krishna meets Bhattarai, backs consensus in Nepal - Jan 07, 2011
- NSA to go to Colombo, voice India's concerns - Jun 25, 2012
- India, US discuss Syria, Iran - Aug 22, 2012
- 'Pak Army paid wages to terror group Lashkar-e-Toiba' - Dec 18, 2010
- Manmohan, Obama discuss Headley, AfPak, Iran (Third Lead) - Apr 12, 2010
- Manmohan heads East to Bali and Singapore - Nov 16, 2011
- India urges US to ease high-tech sanctions, airs Afghan concerns (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- Manmohan Singh meets Zardari - Aug 30, 2012
- India supports Sri Lankan reconciliation, to stay engaged - Jun 29, 2012
- India, US to iron out n-liability irritants - Dec 10, 2011
- PM heads to SAARC summit Wednesday, spotlight on Gilani meeting - Nov 08, 2011
- US presses India for nuclear level playing field - Dec 13, 2011
- PM returns home after India-Russia summit (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: consensus, disappointment, expresses, external affairs minister, george w bush, government plans, impasse, inspite, lost hope, manmohan singh, menon, nuke, pact, pranab mukherjee, president george w bush, prime minister, us president george