Mulayam, Lalu may come together, says Amar SinghMarch 25th, 2009 - 9:42 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 25 (ANI): Samajwadi Party General Secretary Amar Singh today said that party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad may join hands, and added that the SP also wants Ram Vila Paswan to come on board.
“There is likelihood of Lalu Prasad and Mulayam Singh Yadav coming together. We want Ram Vilas Paswan also to come on board,” Singh said.
After talking to Lalu Prasad on phone who is unhappy over the Congress putting up a candidates against the RJD in Bihar, Singh gave these remarks.
“The politics to finish Mulayam and Lalu from Hindi heartland by anybody is not going to be tolerated by the workers of the respective parties,” Singh said.
The SP leader said with Lalu and Mulayam coming together, “the entire secular brigade of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh as a chunk will remain together,” he said. (ANI)
- Cornered Congress to 'reach out' to smaller parties (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- India's next president: still mired in uncertainty (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2012
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- RJD, LJP, SP to formally announce new alliance on April 3 - Mar 29, 2009
- RJD, LJP, SP to formally announce new alliance today - Apr 03, 2009
- Lalu, Paswan to tour Bihar for upcoming Assembly elections - Jul 15, 2010
- Samajwadi, RJD and LJP come together in Bihar - Mar 26, 2009
- Lalu, Sharad Yadav, Paswan slam Anna aides - Aug 27, 2011
- Lalu to meet election panel over irregularities in EVMs - Dec 22, 2010
- Ansari files nomination for vice presidential contest - Jul 18, 2012
- Lalu Yadav celebrates 63rd birthday - Jun 11, 2010
- RJD plans campaign against Gadkari for Lalu remarks (Lead) - May 13, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Lalu, Mulayam oppose Lokpal bill - Dec 21, 2011
- Alliance with SP only to strengthen secular bloc: Lalu - Mar 27, 2009
Tags: amar singh, bihar, chunk, congress, general secretary, heartland, janata, lalu prasad, likelihood, New Delhi, party chief, ram vilas paswan, rjd, Samajwadi Party, secular brigade, vila, vilas, yadav