Mukherjee to seek Bangladesh’’s cooperation on terrorism during Dhaka visitFebruary 8th, 2009 - 1:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 8 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee will be visiting Bangladesh capital Dhaka on February 9.
During his visit, Mukherjee is expected to seek Bangladesh’’s cooperation in fighting against terrorism.
Mukherjee is likely to call on Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and discuss Dhaka’’s proposal for the setting up of a joint anti-terror mechanism.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had earlier talked to his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina and expressed his interest to send an Indian envoy to Bangladesh with a purpose of strengthening bilateral relations between both countries.
Mukherjee’’s visit is aimed at giving political impetus to cooperation with Bangladesh. He is also expected to hold discussions on forming a mechanism for boosting bilateral economic ties.
Connectivity between the two nations, particularly the proposal for the use of the largest seaport in Bangladesh, Chittagong by India, will also form a part of the discussions. (ANI)
- Mukherjee to discuss trade, security and water issues during Dhaka visit - Feb 09, 2009
- India, Bangladesh to hold talks; PM's visit on agenda - Jun 06, 2011
- Bangladesh, Sri Lanka to boost trade - Apr 20, 2011
- Manmohan to go on 'charm Dhaka' visit Sept 6-7 (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Manmohan, Sheikh Hasina may discuss Teesta in Maldives - Nov 07, 2011
- Manmohan to Hasina: Give us more time for consensus on Teesta - Nov 11, 2011
- Pranab Mukherjee to visit Dhaka in May - Apr 01, 2012
- Krishna arrives in Dhaka, backs a prosperous Bangladesh (Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- India denies envoy summoned by Bangladesh - Jul 03, 2011
- PM to go on 'charm Dhaka' trip, India spotlights Bangla ties (Second Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Manmohan to go to Dhaka Sep 6 - Jul 04, 2011
- Mukherjee to attend ADB meet in Manila - May 02, 2012
- Indian Air Force chief begins Bangladesh trip - Mar 18, 2012
- Bangladesh to import power from India by 2013: Pranab - May 07, 2011
- India to be more liberal to boost trade, solve water issue: Hasina - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: bangladesh capital, bangladesh chittagong, bilateral relations, cooperation, counterpart, economic ties, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, indian envoy, manmohan, manmohan singh, minister sheikh hasina, New Delhi, political impetus, pranab mukherjee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, proposal, terror, terrorism