Mukherjee may propose new CBMs during visit to PakistanMay 11th, 2008 - 11:53 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 11 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee is likely to propose new confidence-building measures (CBMs) to Pakistan during his forthcoming visit to Islamabad on May 21.
Mukherjee is to hold a review meeting with Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on the fourth round of composite dialogue held last year.
A Statesman report said New Delhi would propose to increase the frequency in bus services across the Line of Control (LoC) and to make the bilateral truck service operational.
The proposals also include Kargil-Skardu and Jammu-Sialkot bus services, as well as an increase in the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad and the Poonch-Rawalkot bus services to once a week from the present fortnightly schedule.
Both sides will also assess the progress made on the issues covered under the composite dialogue process. They will also deliberate on the liberalisation of the visa regime to encourage more travel between the two countries, including packaged tours and increasing the number of pilgrimage sites that can be visited by visitors to each country.
The ministerial level talks will also be preceded by discussions between the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries on May 20. (ANI)
- India asks Pakistan for 'satisfactory closure' of 26/11 trial - Jun 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan to announce CBMs on Kashmir, nuclear issues - Jul 08, 2011
- High hopes in Kashmir as India meets Pakistan - Jul 24, 2011
- Cross-Kashmir CBMs ahead of India, Pakistan talks - Jul 16, 2011
- Foreign ministers of India, Pakistan to meet July 27 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- India should boost bus, train services with Pakistan: Book - Apr 15, 2011
- India, Pakistan firm up new cross-Kashmir CBMs - Jul 18, 2011
- India, Pakistan to hold talks Tuesday (Night Lead) - May 20, 2008
- Kashmir mulls re-opening of other pre-Partition routes - Mar 31, 2011
- India asks Pakistan for 26/11 trial closure, agrees on cross-Kashmir CBMs (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2011
- Day 2 of talks: India and Pakistan discuss Kashmir - Jun 24, 2011
- India asks Pakistan for 26/11 closure, explores cross-LoC CBMs (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss cross-Kashmir CBMs, terror (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- More CBMs in the offing after review of Indo-Pak composite talks - May 19, 2008
- Shun terror for talks, PM tells separatists, Pakistan (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: bus services, cbms, composite dialogue, confidence building, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, foreign minister, forthcoming visit, liberalisation, mehmood, ministerial level, muzaffarabad, packaged tours, pilgrimage sites, poonch, pranab mukherjee, qureshi, secretaries, skardu, visa regime