Mukherjee hopes Budget will be presented in due timeMay 23rd, 2009 - 11:03 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 23 (ANI): Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday expressed optimism that the government would be able to present the financial budget in due time.
“Indian economy is resilient, strong and we shall have to build up and come back to the growth track as early as possible. We will be able to, I hope, present the budget in due time so that uncertainties can be avoided and time of spending can be renewed,” Mukherjee said after getting the portfolio of Finance Ministry in the newly formed UPA Government.
Mukherjee will take charge of the office on Monday.
“We will address all major issues. Various efforts will be made to insulate the Indian economy from the adverse impact of financial meltdown”, he said.
Mukherjee had presented the vote-on-account in view of the general elections, after taking charge of the Finance Ministry in the previous UPA Government.
Meanwhile, earlier in the day, while briefing medias about the first meeting of the Union Cabinet, Home Minister P Chidambaram said the new government would strive to get the budget approved by Parliament by July 31, the day when the vote-on-account approved by the interim budget expires.
“We hope we will be able to pass the full Budget by July 31″, Chidambaram said, adding that in case the government was not able to get the Budget passed by then it would go in for another vote-on-account for a short period. (ANI)
- Government to present budget in first week of July: Pranab - May 26, 2009
- Bengal government presents vote-on-account for two months - Jun 24, 2011
- Mukherjee promises steps to lift economy - May 23, 2009
- Government hopeful of getting budget passed by July 31: Chidambaram - May 23, 2009
- Indian budget to be passed by July 31 - May 23, 2009
- Chidambaram assumes charge of finance - Aug 01, 2012
- Bengal to get Rs.21,614 crore financial package - Aug 06, 2011
- Mukherjee begins work on budget - May 25, 2009
- Union budget likely to be presented in mid-March: Mukherjee - Jan 25, 2012
- With Manmohan at helm, India's new cabinet gets down to work (Roundup) - May 23, 2009
- India to target 7.5-8 percent growth in 2012-13: Pranab - Feb 23, 2012
- Mukherjee presents 16th ''vote-on-account'' since independence - Feb 16, 2009
- Jammu and Kashmir budget session in July - May 24, 2009
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Waiting for centre's reply to report, Bhardwaj tells Yeddyurappa (Lead) - May 18, 2011
Tags: adverse impact, due time, finance minister, finance ministry, financial budget, financial meltdown, first meeting, general elections, home minister, indian economy, interim budget, medias, New Delhi, optimism, p chidambaram, parliament, pranab mukherjee, short period, uncertainties, union cabinet