Mukherjee announces new tax concession to ‘Aam Admi’February 28th, 2011 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 28 (ANI): Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday raised the income tax exemption limit for individuals from one lakh 60 thousand to one lakh 80 thousand rupees.
The age of senior citizens for tax benefits has been brought down from 65 to 60 years and the exemption limit raised for them from two lakh 40 thousand to two lakh 50 thousand rupees.
The exemption limit for a new category of very senior citizens over the age of 80 and above will be Rs five lakh.
He proposed Rs 300 crore to modernise stamp and registration in states and announced a relaxation in e-filing norms for small taxpayers.
The workers in hazardous industries, such as mining and slate, will get health benefits and Rs 5,000 crore has been announced for the National Skill Dev Council. (ANI)
- Highlights of Union Budget 2011-12 (Part-V) - Feb 28, 2011
- Budget sops welcomed by young and old alike - Feb 28, 2011
- Highlights of Pranab Mukherjee's budget for 2011-12 - Feb 28, 2011
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.1.8 lakh - Feb 28, 2011
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.2 lakh (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.2 lakh - Mar 16, 2012
- Realty industry has little to cheer from budget (Comment) - Mar 18, 2012
- Budget promises more money for all - farmers to corporates (Third Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Finance Minister outlines measures to 'improve governance' - Feb 28, 2011
- Budget draws mixed reactions in Orissa - Feb 28, 2011
- DTC may result in Rs.53,000 crore revenue loss - Aug 30, 2010
- E-filing of returns must for people earning over Rs.10 lakh - Jul 02, 2012
- Panel proposes hiking income tax exemption limit to Rs.3 lakh - Mar 09, 2012
- Income tax exemption limit raised to Rs.1.8 lakh (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Making housing affordable: Realty industry needs budget boost (Comment) - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,