Mughal Gardens to open for public from February 7February 3rd, 2009 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 3 (ANI): The Mughal Garden of Rashtrapati Bhavan will be opened for public viewing this year from February 7 to March 10.
The gardens will be open to the general public on all days 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. except on Mondays being maintenance days and on March 11 the day of the Holi Festival.
The entry into the gardens will close at 4 p.m. through Gate No.35, which is located near North Avenue.
During the period when the Gardens will remain open, the newly developed Nature Trail in the Presidents Estate shall remain closed for the public.
The Mughal Gardens include the Musical Garden, the Spiritual Garden, the Herbal Garden, the Biodiversity Park and the Nakshatra Garden. The Mughal Gardens, contiguous to the main building of Rashtrapati Bhavan cover an area of 15 acres. Sir Edwin Lutyens designed the beautiful gardens.
The Rectangular Garden adjacent to the main Rashtrapati Bhavan building is divided into four quarters, each with terraced gardens on either side.
The Central Lawn is the venue of numerous receptions and ”At Homes” hosted by the President. (ANI)
- Mughal Garden to be open to the public from Tuesday - Feb 14, 2011
- Mughal Gardens opened to public - Feb 07, 2012
- Mughal Gardens unfold floral carpets, 120 rose varieties - Feb 09, 2012
- Visit the Mughal Gardens from Tuesday - Feb 13, 2011
- New attractions at Mughal Gardens draw huge crowds - Mar 06, 2011
- Mughal Garden to be open for public from tomorrow - Feb 12, 2010
- Mughal Gardens opens to the public - Feb 13, 2010
- Mughal Garden to open from February 7 - Feb 06, 2009
- Delhi's historic Mughal Gardens to remain closed Feb 15 - Feb 13, 2012
- Mughal Gardens to open for visually impaired people from Wednesday - Mar 24, 2008
- Mughal Gardens to open for people from February 16 - Feb 14, 2008
- Mughal Gardens to open for people from today - Feb 16, 2008
- Rashtrapati Bhavan: Viceregal lodge to India's presidential abode - Jul 24, 2012
- Over 95,000 people visited Mughal Garden Sunday - Feb 23, 2009
- Kalam's green mission at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: beautiful gardens, herbal garden, holi, holi festival, march 11, mughal garden, mughal gardens, nature trail, New Delhi, presidents, quarters, rashtrapati bhavan, receptions, rectangular garden, sir edwin, spiritual garden, venue