Mughal Garden to open from February 7February 6th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 6 (ANI): Flowers in Rashtrapati Bhavan’’s Mughal Gardens are in full bloom and would open for public display from February 7 to March 10.
The theme of this year is roses, and the garden has about 125 varieties of the flower.
“This year theme is rose. We have over 125 different varieties of roses, ranging from usual colours red, pink, white and yellow. The attractions will be blue rose,” Nigam Prakash, Officer on Special Duty (OSD), Horticulture, Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The rectangular garden has several winter seasonal bulbous and flowering beds, with the prominent being the variety of roses, which are at full bloom and are centre of attraction.
In addition, Dahlias, Tulips, Asiatic Lilies and other seasonal flowers add to the beauty of the garden.
The Mughal Garden is opened to the public only for a month every year.
The garden will be open to the general public on all days 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. except on Mondays being maintenance days and on March 11 the day of the Holi Festival.
The entry into the garden will close at 4 p.m. through Gate No.35, which is located near North Avenue.
The Mughal Garden includes the Musical Garden, the Spiritual Garden, the Herbal Garden, the Biodiversity Park and the Nakshatra Garden. The Mughal Garden, contiguous to the main building of Rashtrapati Bhavan, cover an area of 15 acres. Sir Edwin Lutyens designed the beautiful gardens.
The rectangular garden is divided into four quarters, each with terraced gardens on either side.
The Central Lawn is the venue of numerous receptions and ””At Homes”” hosted by the President. (ANI)
- Mughal Garden to be open to the public from Tuesday - Feb 14, 2011
- Mughal Gardens unfold floral carpets, 120 rose varieties - Feb 09, 2012
- Mughal Gardens opens to the public - Feb 13, 2010
- Mughal Garden to be open for public from tomorrow - Feb 12, 2010
- New attractions at Mughal Gardens draw huge crowds - Mar 06, 2011
- Visit the Mughal Gardens from Tuesday - Feb 13, 2011
- Mughal Gardens to open for public Saturday - Feb 12, 2010
- Mughal Gardens opened to public - Feb 07, 2012
- Presidential gardens: A tale of roses and climate change - Feb 07, 2009
- Mughal Gardens to open for public from February 7 - Feb 03, 2009
- Rashtrapati Bhavan: Viceregal lodge to India's presidential abode - Jul 24, 2012
- Mughal Gardens to open for visually impaired people from Wednesday - Mar 24, 2008
- Amid Srinagar's tulips, Omar confident of peaceful summer (With Images) - Mar 29, 2012
- Delhi's historic Mughal Gardens to remain closed Feb 15 - Feb 13, 2012
- 'Garden of fragrance' for Delhi's disabled - Feb 19, 2010
Tags: asiatic lilies, beautiful gardens, full bloom, herbal garden, holi, holi festival, horticulture, march 11, mughal garden, mughal gardens, New Delhi, rashtrapati bhavan, receptions, rectangular garden, seasonal flowers, sir edwin, spiritual garden, tulips, varieties of roses, variety of roses