Moorthy appointed CBDT chairmanJanuary 31st, 2009 - 8:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 31 (ANI): S S N Moorthy, a 1973 batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) Officer has taken over as the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) following the retirement of N B Singh.
Moorthy has also served as the Director General of Income Tax (Investigation) for over two years. He has worked for the Income Tax Department in Kerala, Tamil nadu and Maharashtra.
He has also worked with the Kerala Sales Tax Appellate Tribunal.
Sudhir Chandra, also a 1973 Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, has taken over as a CBDT member.
Chandra has served in various capacities in the department in Mumbai, Delhi, Tamil nadu and in North Western region. (ANI)
- Four IRS officers' resignations pending: RTI - Oct 30, 2011
- Top-level vacancies frustrating tax targets: CBDT - Feb 03, 2010
- Breaking the glass ceiling in India's tax administration - Aug 06, 2012
- Help sought to trace income tax officer - Sep 16, 2010
- Vodafone like deals under govt scanner for tax evasion - Sep 13, 2010
- U.S. government seeks names of U.S. residents with HSBC India bank accounts to avoid taxes - Apr 08, 2011
- Tax board targets Rs.530,000 crore collection in 2011-12 - May 17, 2011
- 300 parties have never filed tax returns: tax panel - Jul 17, 2011
- Indian tax board to open eight overseas offices - May 17, 2011
- Chandigarh region records 38 percent income tax growth - May 18, 2011
- Plea on Balakrishnan's assets sent to finance ministry - Jun 22, 2011
- Panel set up on international taxation - May 03, 2012
- Jan Lokpal bill structured like tax department: Khurshid - Oct 18, 2011
- Income Tax offices to remain open Saturday - Mar 30, 2012
- US wants HSBC to reveal American tax dodgers in India - Apr 08, 2011