Mooing at cows can boost their milk production!September 21st, 2008 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 21 (ANI): Farmers in Britain are being asked to moo at their cows in a bid to boost milk production.
The move comes after a dairy farmer reported getting six times more milk by mimicking his herds sound.
Graham Vallis, 48, does meditation-style mooing for five minutes before milking and said his cows fall into a relaxed state.
Now the Federation of Organic Milk Groups is urging its 450 members to do the same.
I often take my tea break with my cows, but on one occasion suddenly I became deeply relaxed, The Sun quoted Graham, of Bradninch, Devon, as saying.
I realised it was the mooing. I started mooing in time and they crowded round like the Pied Piper.
Cows are very conscious of their surroundings if youre calm, they will be too. This will help them produce more, Graham added. (ANI)
- British scientists to study how cows make friends! - Jul 30, 2012
- GM cows produce 'human' breast milk - Apr 03, 2011
- World's first robotic rotary dairy does the job of a farmer - Nov 12, 2010
- Now, genetically modified cows that produce 'human' breast milk! - Apr 03, 2011
- British cattle factory to house 8,000 cows - Aug 06, 2010
- UP plans to set up milk plant in Lucknow - Aug 08, 2012
- Meat of cloned cow offspring enters British food chain - Aug 04, 2010
- New Zealand-based Fonterra to establish large-scale dairy farms in India - Nov 12, 2010
- GM 'human' milk 'to hit Chinese shelves in 2yrs' - Mar 22, 2011
- Genetically modified dairy products in Chinese markets soon - Mar 22, 2011
- Katy Perry sees Russell Brand milking cows after marriage! - Sep 07, 2010
- Goodricke plans foray into dairy business - Apr 18, 2012
- Haryana farmers can now own 'imported' calves - Nov 16, 2010
- Punjab-Israel to tie-up for dairy farming - Jun 05, 2012
- Organic milk ad making waves in cyberspace - Nov 16, 2010