Moily files nomination from ChikballapurApril 2nd, 2009 - 8:57 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Apr 2 (ANI): Senior Congress leader and former Karnataka Chief Minister, M Veerappa Moily, today filed his nomination for Lok Sabha elections as a Congress candidate from Chikballapur constituency.
Earlier in the day, he resigned as the Chairman of the Administrative Reforms Commission (ARC). Moily as the ARC chief was instrumental in bringing out reports on a variety of topics concerning governance as also one on terrorism.
Moily is confident of winning the election as the constituency is believed to be the strong hold of the Congress party since independence.
Moily said that he will seek votes on the work done by him as Karnataka Chief Minister, and promised voters to develop world class infrastructure as the international airport is near by.
He also wants to make Chikballapur a cultural and educational hub.
Commenting on the BJP Government in the state, Moily said the BJP has no ethical value at all and it only wants to spread terrorism in the country.
He added that people especially the youth will teach BJP a lesson as it want to go for election on communal lines.
Moily said that BJP prime ministerial candidate LK Advani is not efficient to become premier of the country. (ANI)
- BJP has nearly all of Congress's sins - and a few of its own (Comment) - Mar 24, 2012
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Advani, Jayalalithaa to 'coordinate' on presidential polls - Jun 14, 2012
- Congress flays BJP over Advani comment - Sep 21, 2011
- Advani hints he may not be PM candidate in 2014 - Sep 21, 2011
- Congress selects Gujarat legislator to take on Advani - Mar 31, 2009
- Advani, Jayalalithaa to 'coordinate' on presidential polls (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Party will decide PM candidate: Advani - Oct 10, 2011
- Poll panel should organise debates between leaders: Advani - Oct 29, 2010
- Karnataka bypoll fallout: Test for BJP, hope for Congress (News Analysis) - Mar 21, 2012
- Now, Karnataka governor takes a dig at Advani yatra - Oct 24, 2011
- BJP, AIADMK to coordinate on presidential poll: Advani (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Centre trying to trample on rights of states: BJP - May 07, 2012
Tags: administrative reforms, advani, arc, bangalore, bjp government, communal lines, congress candidate, congress leader, congress party, constituency, educational hub, ethical value, governance, karnataka chief minister, lok sabha elections, nomination, prime ministerial candidate, strong hold, terrorism, world class infrastructure