MoEF to submit Lavasa report in Bombay High CourtJanuary 17th, 2011 - 12:37 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan 17 (ANI): The Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) will on Monday submit a report prepared by its Expert Appraisal Committee (EAC) on the environmental impact of Lavasa in the Bombay High Court.
The fate of Lavasa, planned across 25,000 acres in Baramati district near Pune, hangs in balance after objections were raised over the ecological impact of the project by MoEF and several non-government organizations.
Earlier, the eleven-EAC led by Naresh Dayal last week visited the Lavasa and submitted its report to the MoEF on January 10.
The construction of the project was held up for want of environmental clearance.
On November 25, the MoEF had issued a stop-work notice for the Lavasa project saying it violated some environmental rules.
The Ministry of Environment and Forests had stayed construction work at the site alleging that Lavasa Corporation had violated the ministry notifications issued in 2004. The court had earlier directed Lavasa to approach the ministry by December 9 regarding the stay imposed on the work and directed the ministry to pass an order on it by December 16. However, the Ministry refused to vacate the stay and reply to the show cause notice. (ANI)
- Environment Ministry to submit Lavasa housing project report - Jan 18, 2011
- Maharashtra promises 'credible action' against Lavasa developers - Oct 20, 2011
- Lavasa welcomes central clearance for hill city - Nov 09, 2011
- Apex court orders environmental reappraisal of Nirma's cement plant - Mar 18, 2011
- Constructions in Delhi Ridge: court notice to ministries - May 20, 2011
- Himachal people object to ministry team's visit without notice - Oct 13, 2011
- Environment ministry orders action against Lavasa, company 'welcomes' this (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Lavasa township project denied environment clearance - Oct 14, 2011
- Supreme Court notice to government on Orissa project - Apr 21, 2011
- Environment Ministry team inspects Lavasa - Jan 05, 2011
- Lavasa to explain before environment ministry Friday - Dec 09, 2010
- Panel meets to decide on second airport for Mumbai - Aug 18, 2010
- Medha Patkar slams Pawar over alleged involvement in Lavasa project - Dec 22, 2010
- Lavasa's Pune project trips on green laws - Jun 10, 2011
- Nirma's cement plant could be shifted: Environment ministry - May 10, 2011
Tags: appraisal committee, bombay high court, construction work, eac, ecological impact, environmental clearance, environmental impact, environmental rules, expert appraisal, fate, government organizations, lavasa, ministry of environment, ministry of environment and forests, moef, notifications, objections, pune, reply