Modi to meet Jayalalithaa, Advani meets ChautalaMay 15th, 2009 - 3:02 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad/New Delhi, May 15 (ANI): The Bharataiya Janata Party (BJP) confirmed on Friday that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be meeting All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) Chief J Jayalalithaa in Chennai this afternoon.
The BJP has appointed Modi as the main point person to negotiate with Jayalalithaa for a possible tie-up with the NDA.
Both the BJP and the Congress are said to have good equations with Jayalalithaa, and no one knows which way she will swing.
Jayalalithaa is expected to be a key player on government formation. The Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Prime Ministerial candidate Lal Krishna Advani also met Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) Chief Om Prakash Chautala to discuss the post-poll strategy.
Chautala met Advani at the latter’s residence. Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj also joined them. Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leader Suresh Soni and RLD Chief Ajit Singh are expected to meet Advani later in the day. Other senior BJP leaders, including M Venkaiah Naidu and Arun Jaitley, are meanwhile engaged in wooing more parties like TDP and AIADMK.
A meeting of NDA chief ministers called in New Delhi to discuss post-poll strategy has been postponed with a senior BJP leader attributing it to unavailability of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
“The meeting of NDA chief ministers was not feasible, as Nitish Kumar could not come to Delhi, as he had to attend to ceremonies relating to his wife’s second death anniversary.
The meeting is likely to be held after final results are announced tomorrow. BJP President Rajnath Singh had held a luncheon meeting with Soni and another senior RSS leader Indresh yesterday, where they discussed future course of action for the party and its alliance. (ANI)
- In Chennai Saturday, Advani and Modi may meet Jayalalithaa - Jan 13, 2012
- Presidential polls: BJP woos Jayalalithaa, NDA to meet Friday (Third Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- AIADMK is BJP's natural ally: Advani - Jan 15, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- BJP, AIADMK to coordinate on presidential poll: Advani (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- NDA to meet Friday over presidential polls - Jun 14, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP to send Swamy as emissary to Mulayam - Jun 15, 2012
- Few takers for Sushil Modi's claim that Nitish PM material - Sep 03, 2012
- AIADMK to support Jaswant Singh - Aug 06, 2012
- Jayalalithaa emissary Thambidurai at Advani rally - Nov 20, 2011
- Presidential run-up more damaging for BJP than Congress (Comment) - Jun 23, 2012
- Sushma Swaraj would make a dashing prime minister: Bal Thackeray - Sep 09, 2012
- NDA reviews vice presidential poll strategy - Jul 24, 2012
- Sharad Yadav rejects Advani's prediction on 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: aiadmk chief, ajit singh, arun jaitley, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, bjp leaders, chautala, death anniversary, dravida munnetra kazhagam, government formation, j jayalalithaa, lal krishna advani, luncheon meeting, narendra modi, nitish kumar, poll strategy, post poll, prime ministerial candidate, rajnath singh, venkaiah naidu