Modi targets Congress over being soft on terrorMay 5th, 2009 - 12:32 pm ICT by ANI
Meerut (UP), May 5 (ANI): Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has slammed Congress-led ruling coalition for being soft on terror.
Addressing an election rally in Meerut on Monday, Modi said the Central Government stood helpless as terrorists ran a mock in Mumbai last year, killing 166 people.
“For four days the militants kept firing. Until they ran out of ammunition and explosives, they kept killing people. And look at their defiance, - India is such a big country and they entered our houses and fired bullets. After all this our Prime Minister still says that hisgovernment is strong,” said Modi.
He further attacked the Government on repelling the stringent anti-terror law Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA).
“Atalji’s Government was strong that implemented POTA law. And Manmohan Singh’s government is helpless, which removed POTA. This shows that which government is strong and which is weak,” said Modi.
Terrorism, price rise, recession and layoffs, India-US civilian nuclear deal and black money stashed abroad have emerged as major issues in the campaign to the near month long national polls to elect the 15th Lok Sabha.
The fourth phase of general elections will be held on May 7.
The result of the five-phased elections will declared on May 16. (ANI)
- Modi happy but still against NCTC - May 05, 2012
- Modi happy at changes but still against NCTC (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- 31 convicted in Godhra train burning, sentencing Friday (Third Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- BJP backs keeping prime minister under Lokpal's purview - May 31, 2011
- Terror drill at London Olympics village - May 11, 2011
- 31 convicted, 63 acquitted for Godhra train burning (Roundup) - Feb 22, 2011
- Despite exoneration, Narendra Modi cannot play national role (Comment) - Apr 14, 2012
- Agra lawyers to step up stir for high court bench - Jan 06, 2012
- Modi ends fast on upbeat note, but divisions remain (Roundup) - Sep 19, 2011
- Manmohan fails to woo dissenting CMs on NCTC (Roundup) - May 05, 2012
- Midnight swoop on Ramdev gives government nightmares (Intro Roundup) - Jun 05, 2011
- Gujarat to challenge Pandya case accquittals - Sep 13, 2011
- Modi slams government's anti-terror approach - Jul 16, 2011
- Centre trying to trample on rights of states: BJP - May 07, 2012
- Modi blames UPA's 'unilaterism' for distrust with states (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: black money, central government, chief minister, defiance, election rally, fourth phase, general elections, gujarat, layoffs, Lok Sabha, manmohan, manmohan singh, meerut, narendra modi, national polls, nuclear deal, pota, prevention of terrorism, recession, terrorism act