MNS have not taken votes of Shiv Sena, claims Raj ThackerayMay 23rd, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 23 (ANI) The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray has said that MNS did not steal anybody’s votes.
He said while addressing his party workers here on Friday in the wake of the comments by Shiv Sena’s Executive President Uddhav Thackeray that due to presence of MNS, the votes were split in the recent elections to Lok Sabha.
Raj Thackeray brushed aside the allegations that his outfit has cut into the votes of an alliance of Shiv Sena and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the state in the recently concluded general polls,
“…I have not stolen the votes of anybody, its the people who have supported us… Balasaheb Thackeray has all the right to say anything about me and I will not debate against him… I will also ask Uddhav Thackeray as to whom did he vote in this election. If it’s Mahesh Jethmalani , then is he a Marathi and if not then how can they allege that I have stolen the votes of Marathi?” said Raj Thackeray.
MNS, a splinter group of the Shiv Sena has played a spoilsport for the National Democratic Alliance in their strongholds Mumbai and Thane.
Out of its 12 nominees, three candidates of MNS had come up second while the remaining bagged the third spot in the election.
While Shiv Sena bagged 11 seats, the BJP managed just nine of the total 48 constituencies in Maharashtra. (ANI)
- Thackeray family feud now out in the open - May 24, 2009
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012
- MNS offers unconditional support to Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI in Thane - Mar 06, 2012
- Sena-BJP combine triumph in Mumbai, Thane civic polls, MNS gains (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Shiv Sena indestructible, says Bal Thackeray - Feb 14, 2012
- Thackerays seek urgent end to Maharashtra-Karnataka boundary row - Dec 19, 2011
- Jubilance and disappointment after Maharashtra civic polls results - Feb 17, 2012
- Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI triumphs in Mumbai, Thane civic polls; MNS gains (Intro Roundup) - Feb 17, 2012
- Elections will see communal parties losing relevance: Chavan - Feb 16, 2012
- Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI triumphs in Mumbai, Thane civic polls; MNS gains (Roundup) - Feb 17, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Uddhav joins Thackeray clan hot excahnge of words - Oct 27, 2010
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Modi ignores Uddhav, says Raj - Sep 21, 2011
- Raj-Uddhav Thackeray 'bonhomie' fuels political speculation - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: allegations, bharatiya janata party, bjp, constituencies, elections, executive president, Lok Sabha, maharashtra, mahesh, marathi, mumbai, national democratic alliance, polls, presence, raj thackeray, shiv sena, splinter group, spoilsport, strongholds