MNS activists attack railway exam centre in MumbaiOctober 19th, 2008 - 3:40 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Oct 19 (ANI): A railway examination centre in Mumbai was allegedly attacked on Sunday by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS).
The examination was stopped and exam papers were torn in Vidya Bhavan High School, according to reports.
Last night, the MNS activists had created uproar at Thane Station.
Reports also claimed that some activists of MNS pelted stones at people from north India, who came for giving examination.
This is not the first time that the North Indian community has been targeted by MNS activists.
In February, the MNS activists got violent against migrant labourers from north India.
Earlier in November 2003, MNS activists had prevented candidates from other states, mainly the northern states, from appearing in a Railway Board exam in Kalyan. (ANI)
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- MNS to help Maharashtrian youths with railway exam - Feb 02, 2011
- Will attend Bihar Day in Mumbai, stresses Nitish - Apr 13, 2012
- Maharashtra suspends buses to Karnataka after attacks - Jul 13, 2010
- MNS names candidates - with marks! - Jan 29, 2012
- MNS workers attack north Indians, disrupt railway exams - Oct 19, 2008
- Written exam to select MNS candidates for polls - Nov 19, 2011
- MNS exam plan makes civic candidates jittery - Nov 29, 2011
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray arrested for violence against north Indians - Jun 29, 2009
- MNS asks Mumbai's BJP chief to quit - May 06, 2011
- Raj Thackeray gets bail on surety of rupees one lakh - Jun 29, 2009
- Raj Thackeray taken to Kalyan Railway Police Station - Jun 29, 2009
- Raj Thackeray remanded to judicial custody till July 13 - Jun 29, 2009
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012