MIT Pune to host ‘Parliament of Student Council Leaders’October 3rd, 2010 - 5:31 pm ICT by ANI
Pune, Oct 3 (ANI): The first ever ‘Parliament of Student Council Leaders’ (Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad) will be held at Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT) campus in Pune from January 12 to 14.
It has been reported that former President A P J Abdul Kalam, spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravishankar, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) chief Nandan Nilekani and actor Aamir Khan are among the host of prominent personalities expected to address the first ‘Parliament of Student Council Leaders’.
The conference that is being organised by Maharashtra’s Ministry of Higher and Technical Education and MAEERs MIT School of Government is expected to witness the participation of over 10,000 student leaders from across the country.
“The event will have deliberations on topics related to national and political significance, with emphasis on more active participation from the youth towards nation building,” said Rahul Karad, Dean, MIT School of Government.
There are further reports that the resolutions passed in the ‘Parliament of Student Council Leaders’ will be submitted to Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) and the Ministry of Youth Affairs. (ANI)
- Focus on rural youth for strong democracy: Azharuddin - Sep 06, 2011
- Both home ministry, UIDAI to gather data, cabinet decides - Jun 07, 2012
- Compromise reached on Unique ID project row - Jan 27, 2012
- UIDAI to refresh data collection process in second phase - Feb 07, 2012
- Compromise reached on Unique ID project row (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- UN's eco-heritage awareness programme now in India - Oct 05, 2011
- Unique ID project set to meet target: Nilekani - Jun 17, 2011
- Cabinet to resolve Montek-Chidambaram row over UIDAI - Jan 20, 2012
- Chidambaram gives out smart ID cards in Andamans - Jan 22, 2012
- One crore Indians get their unique ID number - Jun 30, 2011
- NCERT advisor's office ransacked over cartoon - May 12, 2012
- Denial of funds not a setback, says Nilekani - Sep 29, 2011
- India should help Sri Lanka in constructive manner: Kalam - Jan 27, 2012
- Data collection method of unique ID authority finalised (Lead) - May 18, 2010
- Unique ID numbers to half the population by 2014: Nilekani - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, abdul kalam, council leaders, deliberations, dr manmohan singh, former president, karad, maharashtra institute of technology, manmohan, manmohan singh, nandan nilekani, nation building, political significance, rahul, sansad, spiritual guru, sri sri, student leaders, technical education, youth affairs