Missing starlet’s stepfather remanded to police custody (Lead)July 9th, 2012 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 9 (IANS) A Mumbai court Monday remanded Parvez Tak, a suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist and stepfather of missing Bollywood starlet Laila Khan, to police custody till July 19.
According to the prosecution, the Mumbai police Crime Branch will now question Tak as to where did he kept Laila Khan and her other family members after kidnapping them and whether he killed them.
A team of Crime Branch officials, late Sunday, brought Tak to Mumbai for further questioning.
The Jammu and Kashmir Police had Saturday handed him over the Mumbai police for further questioning in the case of Khan’s mysterious disappearance.
Police had on Saturday got the permission from a Kishtwar court in Jammu to bring Tak to Mumbai.
Tak, a native of Kishtwar town, about 230 km northeast of Jammu, was arrested June 21 after Khan’s vehicle was found in the town.
During interrogation, Tak revealed that Khan, missing since February 2011, had been killed along with four other members of her family and their bodies had been disposed of somewhere near Mumbai.
A case of kidnapping has been registered at Mumbai’s Oshiwara police station by her her father Nadir Patel. According to the complaint, Tak and his accomplice Asif Sheikh had allegedly kidnapped Khan and her family members.
Khan, whose original name is Reshma Patel, was last seen in a 2008 movie “Wafaa” with Rajesh Khanna.
- Missing starlet's step father brought to Mumbai - Jul 09, 2012
- Human remains found near Laila Khan's country villa - Jul 11, 2012
- Searches continue at missing Bollywood starlet's villa - Jul 11, 2012
- Missing starlet's step father handed over to Maharashtra police - Jul 07, 2012
- Laila Khan's father dismisses claim on her killing - Jul 05, 2012
- Mystery continues over missing actress Laila Khan (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Actress Laila Khan killed with family, says stepfather - Jul 05, 2012
- Laila Khan murder: Tak's police custody extended (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Murder saga resolved, six skeletons found (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Murder saga resolved with discovery of six skeletons (Third Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Six skeletons found in missing starlet's villa (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Court rules out CBI probe into Laila Khan murder - Jul 26, 2012
- Laila Khan murder: Tak sent to judicial custody - Jul 23, 2012
- Maharashtra government set to face opposition ire - Jul 08, 2012
- HuJI e-mail sender arrested - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: accomplice, branch officials, crime branch, interrogation, jammu and kashmir, june 21, kashmir, lashkar e taiba, mumbai court, mumbai police, mysterious disappearance, nadir patel, police crime, police station, prosecution, rajesh khanna, reshma, starlet, stepfather, wafaa