Miss Tibet-2009 enters its second dayJune 7th, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by ANI
Dharamsala, June 7 (ANI): On the second day of Miss Tibet-2009 beauty pageant, the contestants presented their performing arts skills.
The eight edition of Miss Tibet-2009 beauty pageant began here with just four participants.
According to the event director, initially there were seven applicants out of whom three withdrew later due to personal reasons.
The four contestants are –Dolkar from northern Dehra Dun, Ngawang Choying from Darjeeling, Tenzin Choezom from Dharamsala and Yeshi Lhamo from Bir.
The second day saw participants espousing the Tibetan cause in the talk round followed by a talent round.
“You can see the public enthusiasm when the girls, the contestants were speaking and also when they were doing the talent show. In fact this is one of very few platforms in were Tibetan women can present their talent and their opinion. So I think this is very important part of empowering Tibetan women,” said Lobsang Wangyal, Director of Miss Tibet beauty pageant.
The three-day competition, which began with the swimsuit round, will be followed by intellectual rounds on the art of articulation and allied other talents.
Crowning and presentation of the prize money of rupees hundred thousand to the winner will be held during the finale on Sunday.
The first runner-up will be presented with 50,000 rupees, while the second runner-up and would be given 25,000 rupees.
The fourth contestant will receive a token prize of 5,000 rupees.
The pageant has remained in international focus due to objections by Beijing. (ANI)
- Dharamsala to hold Miss Tibet-2009 beauty pageant - Jun 04, 2009
- Miss Tibet pageant begins in Dharamsala - Jun 05, 2009
- Tenzin Choezom crowned Miss Tibet - Jun 08, 2009
- Walking the ramp for Tibet, their lost homeland - Jun 02, 2010
- Miss Tibet pageant cancelled - May 02, 2012
- Lifetime achievement award for Tibetan opera artist - Oct 16, 2011
- Varanasi girl crowned Miss Tibet 2010 - Jun 07, 2010
- Six to compete for Miss Tibet title - May 28, 2011
- Four eves to contest for Miss Tibet 2010 crown - May 30, 2010
- Tibetan beauties showcase their talents in the Miss Tibet pageant - Jun 06, 2010
- Four to vie for Miss Tibet crown - May 30, 2010
- Tenzin Norzom is Miss Tibet - Jun 07, 2010
- Miss Tibet Beauty Pageant kicks off with swimsuit round - Jun 05, 2010
- Miss Tibet Pageant in June in Himachal - Mar 31, 2009
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: articulation, beauty pageant, beijing, dehra dun, finale, hundred thousand, international focus, lhamo, miss tibet, objections, personal reasons, platforms, prize money, public enthusiasm, rupees, swimsuit, talent show, talents, tibetan cause, tibetan women