Miss Tibet 2007 vows to take forward ‘Free Tibet’ campaignNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:16 am ICT by admin
“We can show it to the international level that Tibetan country does exist and Tibetan women have the spirit to do everything,” she said.
“To convey the message to the Tibetan that we’ll have freedom, that we’ll see each other in Tibet as a family…To convey the message that please come over and be a part of this movement,” she added.
Dolma, one of the five finalists, walked away with the title winning over the hearts of judges and audience.
Tsering Yangzom and Deeki Dolma were crowned first runner-up and second runner-up respectively in the beauty pageant held by Tibetan refugees here.
Critics have accused China of repressing religious freedom in Tibet and other parts of the country, but Beijing counters by saying it guarantees religious freedom and invests large amounts of money every year to modernize the underdeveloped regions in Tibetan.
The International Campaign for Tibet said the military presence in ethnic Tibetan counties of Sichuan province has increased since villager Runggye Adak addressed a crowd of people on the need for greater religious freedom and for the Dalai Lama to be allowed to return to China from exile in India. (ANI)
- Six to compete for Miss Tibet title - May 28, 2011
- Peace activist organises 'Global Peace March' for free Tibet - Dec 26, 2010
- Tenzin Norzom is Miss Tibet - Jun 07, 2010
- Dalai Lama's message read in Tibetan parliament-in-exile - Mar 14, 2011
- Prayers, hunger strikes mark Tibetan sacred festival - Feb 22, 2012
- Walking the ramp for Tibet, their lost homeland - Jun 02, 2010
- Losar will be a muted in McLeodganj this year - Feb 18, 2012
- Tibetan minister to launch awareness drive in Northeast - Mar 25, 2012
- Tibetans campaign for 'Mr. Tibet, Tibetan Idol' contests to promote their culture - Apr 03, 2011
- Varanasi girl crowned Miss Tibet 2010 - Jun 07, 2010
- Tibetan activist on 'Free Tibet World Tour' resumes his tour in Chennai - Oct 08, 2010
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
- Dalai Lama a symbol of peace: Dhumal - Sep 02, 2011
- China's respect for freedom in Tibet deteriorated: US report - Jul 31, 2012
- India should be careful in dealing with China: Dolma - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: adak, beauty pageant, china, dalai lama, does exist, dolma, forward free, free tibet campaign, international campaign, international level, military presence, religious freedom, sichuan province, tibetan community, tibetan refugees, tibetan women, underdeveloped regions, urge, villager, winning the title