Miss India beauty contestants get in shapeMarch 18th, 2009 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 18 (ANI): About twenty finalists of the Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2009 contest are undergoing rigorous fitness training ahead of the contest in Mumbai next month.
The month-long training is being conducted in a gymnasium under the watchful eyes of fitness freaks and professionals to ensure that the eventual winners fare exceptionally well at international pageants.
“It’’s been someday of training but it’’s not done. As far as I am concerned, I have really worked hard, not only this month, but I have been working from two years on this. I think, I should be there in top three,” said Ishita Sarkar, a contestant.
Bollywood actor Isha Kopikar met the finalists at the gymnasium and gave them some tips.
“I told them how important it is to stay healthy versus any particular size. Secondly, it is very important to be disciplined and to focus all you energies on what is really important to win. All other things, which may cause distractions or are less important, have to be overlooked,” said Kopikar.
India first won a Miss World title in 1966 with the crowning of Reita Faria. Thereafter, it took another 28 years for an Indian woman to secure another world beauty title.
In 1994, Sushmita Sen won the Miss Universe crown while Aishwarya Rai secured the Miss World title.
The Miss India contest with its 45-year-old legacy is the oldest and most credible beauty pageant in India.
The pageant has launched many a face like Lara Dutta and Priyanka Chopra to name a few, all of whom have carved a niche for themselves in the business of glamour. (ANI)
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Manasvi Mamgai is Miss India World 2010 - May 01, 2010
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- Kanishtha Dhankhar crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2011 - Apr 15, 2011
- Being beauty queen is about having character: Sushmita Sen - Jul 02, 2011
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
- Right attitude can help win Miss India title: Manasvi Mamgai - Apr 14, 2011
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- No favouritism at beauty pageants: Miss Earth Nicole Faria - Nov 14, 2011
- 30 contestants gear up for 'Miss Universe' crown - Apr 28, 2010
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Countdown begins for Miss India beauty contest - Feb 28, 2009
- Jalandhar girl wins Femina Miss India World title - Mar 31, 2012
- Beauty queens come together to celebrate womanhood - May 07, 2012
- Sushmita hails Himangini's win as best gift - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: 28 years, aishwarya rai, beauty contestants, beauty pageant, beauty title, femina miss india, fitness freaks, fitness training, india beauty, indian woman, international pageants, lara dutta, miss india contest, miss universe crown, miss world title, pantaloons femina miss india, priyanka chopra, sushmita sen, watchful eyes, world beauty