Mirwaiz’s partymen celebrate Musharraf’s victory in SrinagarNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:50 am ICT by admin
On hearing the sound of crackers, initially locals thought there were explosions, and ran for cover only to discover after a while that it was a victory celebration for an event that took place in Pakistan.
The procession began at Mirwaiz’s Awami Action Committee head office in the Rajouri Kadal area and culminated at Lal Chowk.
The activists were said to be shouting pro-Pakistan slogans, and carrying photographs of Musharraf.
Unofficial results of the presidential elections in Pakistan declared Musharraf the winner with a heavy majority on Saturday evening.
According to unofficial results, Musharraf bagged 252 votes in the parliament, while Justice Wajih got just two votes, while three votes were rejected.
In the voting process in the Punjab Assembly, Musharraf bagged 253 votes and Justice Wajih three, while in the Sindh Assembly, Musharraf bagged 102 votes out of total 104 cast votes and Justice Wajih got two votes.
In NWFP Assembly, Musharraf has bagged 31 votes, Justice Wajih got one vote, while two votes were rejected.
Musharraf bagged all 33 votes cast in Balochistan Assembly.
As per the Supreme Court ruling, the results of the election will not be formally announced till the court’s verdict on constitutional petitions under hearing in the apex court. (ANI)
- Hurriyat (G), Muslim league activists disturb Eid Nimaz at Hazaratbal Shrine - Sep 11, 2010
- Yasin Malik wants judicial probe into valley unrest deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- APHC protests death sentence to Kashmiris in 1996 bomb blast case - Apr 24, 2010
- Omar again asks BJP to abandon Kashmir yatra - Jan 14, 2011
- Separatist shutdown affects life in Srinagar - May 21, 2011
- Stones pelted at Mirwaiz Umer in Sopore - Dec 16, 2011
- Kashmir burns on Eid, Omar slams separatists (Roundup) - Sep 12, 2010
- Protests erupt in Srinagar after Eid prayers - Sep 11, 2010
- Mob attacks police post near Hazratbal in Srinagar - Sep 11, 2010
- Religious leader killed in Srinagar blast, city shuts down (Second Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- New Delhi questions Omar on Eid day violence - Sep 13, 2010
- Police barracks near Hazratbal Shrine in Srinagar burnt after Eid prayers - Sep 11, 2010
- Mirwaiz to highlight last summer's unrest in London (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Kashmir must join India-Pakistan dialogue: Separatists (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: activists, apex court, balochistan, carrying photographs, cast votes, chowk, committee head, crackers, justice, kadal, lal, musharraf, nwfp, pakistan, procession, sindh, srinagar, unofficial results, victory celebration