Miranda Kerr says she always wanted career with more substanceDecember 2nd, 2008 - 3:45 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 2 (ANI): Australian model Miranda Kerr has revealed that she was always wanted a job with more substance.
Miranda, who has just penned her new self-book Treasure Yourself, revealed that she was always reluctant about becoming a model and was more passionate about writing.
Kerr, who is dating Hollywood actor Orlando Bloom, has revealed that it was her dad, who convinced her join modeling.
“I was so reluctant to do (modelling) at first. I was like, ”Eh, models, they”re like this or like that”, which was totally wrong on my behalf. But I just felt like I wanted to do something with a bit more substance, Contactmusic quoted Miranda, as telling Page 6 magazine.
“(My father) said, ”Look, Miranda, obviously being a model you have a face, and with that face you have a voice, and with that voice you can make a difference”. And that’’s what I”m trying to do now. I”m writing a book for young women about self-image, and it’’s something I”m very passionate about, Miranda added. (ANI)
- Kerr's secret ambition - singing! - Apr 24, 2012
- Kerr health secret - Nov 16, 2011
- Miranda Kerr was nervous returning to ramp - May 21, 2011
- How death of her first love taught Miranda life's mission - Nov 15, 2010
- What makes Kerr happy? - Oct 11, 2011
- Kerr works hard on her figure - Feb 25, 2012
- Reality TV offers great perks: Lauren Conrad - Apr 10, 2012
- Miranda Kerr wants bronze mould of baby bump - Nov 16, 2010
- Kerr was reluctant to date Bloom - Jul 20, 2011
- Get that book out - self-publish! - Oct 30, 2011
- Grandma my style icon: Miranda Kerr - Aug 10, 2012
- Miranda Kerr on her clean and healthy lifestyle - Nov 14, 2010
- Are Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr expecting a baby? - Jul 28, 2010
- Bloom is a positive influence, says Miranda Kerr - Feb 16, 2012
- Kerr launches anti-suicide campaign - Aug 29, 2011