Minorities front chief meets Assam CMNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:18 am ICT by admin
Gagoi assured that the 15-point Programme for Minorities would be implemented in toto in Assam, and the state would also ensure that the children of minority community get education.
He also agreed to a proposal for setting up medical and engineering collages by the minorities for them.
Asif urged the Chief Minister to ensure that members of the minority community were not discriminated against in the Districts and Tehsils of the state, and every effort is made by the government to ensure a feeling of safety and security amongst the members of the minority community.
The meeting lasted an hour, an AIMF release said. (ANI)
- Karnataka minister in Assam, urges people to return (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- It's time for healing: PM tells Assam victims (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- PM calls for end to Assam violence, assures proper probe (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi meets kin of ferry disaster victims - May 02, 2012
- Exodus reversed: Special train to Bangalore leaves Guwahati - Sep 01, 2012
- Assam ministers rush to Bangalore, Hyderabad - Aug 17, 2012
- Karnataka deputy chief minister in Assam, to meet Gogoi - Aug 25, 2012
- Allow compensation for erosion, Gogoi asks PM - Apr 20, 2012
- PM appeals for peace in Assam, assures proper probe, rehabilitation (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Gogoi for refugee status for people facing persecution - Apr 23, 2012
- Congress MPs from northeast meet Sonia - Aug 16, 2012
- Gogoi seeks new trains for Assam - Feb 07, 2012
- Flood situation improves in Assam, Sonia to visit Monday - Jun 30, 2012
- Assam joins Pearson Group for skill training in schools - Jul 21, 2012
- Congress forms coordination panel in violence-hit Assam - Jul 27, 2012