Minor fire in Padmavati ExpressSeptember 24th, 2008 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Sept 24 (ANI): A minor fire broke out in two AC coaches of the Padmavati Express in Andhra Pradesh’’s Prakasham district today.
Though no casualties were reported, spokesperson of the South Central Railway said that three passengers suffered breathlessness due to the smoke coming out from the fire.
The fire was noticed between Lavapadu and Tettu station at around 3.30 a.m.
According to sources, thick smoke and fire was detected in one of the AC bogies from rearside. Fire was also noticed in an adjacent AC bogie.
As soon as the fire was detected, the bogies were detached by railway personnel and passengers were evacuated.
A forensic experts team rushed to the site for investigation. (ANI)
- Train accident averted in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- 35 burnt alive in Tamil Nadu Express blaze (Fifth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Five killed as train catches fire in Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 35 killed as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani catches fire, one injured - Apr 18, 2011
- Ill-fated Tamil Nadu Express reaches Chennai (Fourth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani catches fire, passengers safe (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Plane makes emergency landing in London - Apr 16, 2012
- 35 burnt alive as Tamil Nadu Express catches fire (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Vasco-Howrah express derails in Karnataka, none hurt - Jun 18, 2010
- Alive by God's grace, says train fire survivor - Jul 30, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Narrow escape for passengers as train catches fire - Sep 24, 2008
- Faulty alarm causes GoAir flight to make emergency landing - Jun 06, 2011
- One of worst train disasters in Andhra - May 22, 2012