Minimum wages increased to deal with price rise, says Sheila DixitMarch 20th, 2010 - 8:39 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 20(ANI): Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dixit on Saturday said that to deal with the situation of price rise of essential commodities, the minimum wages of workers have been increased.
“As the prices of essential commodities increased, to deal with that situation, wages of labourers have also been increased. If people are getting money even during inflation, it needs to be spent somewhere at least,” Dixit said on the sidelines of an event organized for World House Sparrow Day at her residence.
The Delhi Government on March 8 approved the increase of minimum wages in the state by 33 percent.
In the national capital an unskilled worker will now get Rs 5,272 per month, a semi-skilled workers will get Rs. 5,850 per month, and skilled workers will be getting Rs. 6,448 per month.
Daily wages in New Delhi have also been increased for clerical and non-technical staff.
Dixit further confirmed that the country has recovered from the economic slump.
“Yes (we have recovered)…we have increased 33 percent minimum wages of even the unskilled workers,” the Chief Minister added. (ANI)
- Minimum monthly wages in Delhi hiked by 15 percent - Feb 23, 2011
- Hike in Delhi labourers wages - Apr 25, 2012
- Indian Govt to set minimum wages for workers wanting to work in UAE - Feb 18, 2011
- Haryana increases minimum wages for workers - Aug 20, 2010
- Indian embassy in UAE raises minimum wages for workers - Mar 15, 2011
- 'Rural jobs scheme should have off period during agriculture season' - Mar 20, 2012
- Prices remain high in Delhi - Jan 21, 2011
- PUDR blasts new suggested poverty line - Sep 26, 2011
- Durga idol makers battle cost, labour shortage - Sep 13, 2011
- Overseas Indian workers to get pension, life insurance - Jan 07, 2012
- Food prices stable in Delhi Jan 14-20: Government - Jan 21, 2011
- Employment guarantee scheme wage hiked - Jan 06, 2011
- Now, workforce a major bottleneck for realty development (Comment) - Aug 05, 2012
- Treat poor free, apex court tells 10 Delhi hospitals - Sep 01, 2011
- All work and little pay, facilities for Games workers - Oct 13, 2009
Tags: chief minister, commodities, delhi government, economic slump, getting money, house sparrow, inflation, minimum wages, New Delhi, sheila dixit, sidelines, skilled workers, technical staff, unskilled worker, unskilled workers