Militants kill five in Jammu after sneaking into JammuAugust 27th, 2008 - 10:58 am ICT by ANI
Jammu, Aug 27 (ANI): Three militants who are believed to be the same men who infiltrated the international border on Tuesday, killed four civilians and one Junior Commissioned Officer after firing indiscriminately in the Mishriwala area on the outskirts of the city this morning.
High alert has been sounded in Jammu after the incident. Efforts are on to nab the militants who were seen wearing police uniforms and travelling in an autorickshaw after killing the driver.
Security forces believe that these militants are trapped in a house at Chinore and they are the ones who sneaked into the Indian territory under the cover of the indiscriminate firing from Pakistan troops at the Border Security Force (BSF) posts in Kana Chak area of Akhnoor sector near Jammu on Tuesday.
In another incident of ceasefire violation along the Line of Control (LoC), four BSF personnel were injured in Poonch District of Jammu and Kashmir when Pakistani forces opened fire from across the border.
Sources in New Delhi said that since January this year, Pakistani troops have violated the five-year old ceasefire agreement 31 times provoking the Indian troops who did not retaliate on most occasions.
Pakistani troops breaching the ceasefire have been reported from Rajouri, Samba, Uri, Tanghdhar and Poonch sector this year, from where a large number of militants have been trying to infiltrate into India.
Infiltration bids by militants have witnessed an increase recently, which authorities say are meant to disrupt the State Assembly elections scheduled for October this year. (ANI)
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Dec 29, 2010
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- BSF trooper injured in cross-border firing near Jammu - Aug 11, 2012
- Trooper killed in firing from Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again, BSF trooper killed - Jul 07, 2010
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- BSF trooper killed on Kashmir border, tensions up (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
- One of the three Pak militants who sneaked into Jammu killed in encounter - Aug 27, 2008
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- 30 militants in Jammu's border districts: Army - Mar 22, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled, Pakistan opens fire at the Jammu and Kashmir border - Dec 22, 2009
- Pakistan ready for flag meeting after firing - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan violates ceasefire, BSF jawan injured - Jul 21, 2010