Militants hide inside Kashmir mosque after gunbattleMarch 14th, 2009 - 2:17 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 14 (IANS) Security forces Saturday laid a cordon around a mosque in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir where three militants hid themselves after a gunfight with the forces, police said.
The militants were being chased by security forces in the remote mountainous area of Keshwan in Kishtwar district, about 210 km north east of Jammu. They entered a nearby mosque to take shelter after a gunbattle with the forces.
“We have laid a cordon around the mosque. We have to proceed very cautiously
with this operation as the militants have taken shelter in the mosque,” said a police official.
He said the militants could belong to the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).
- LeT militants hiding in Kashmir mosque killed (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in shootout - Feb 26, 2012
- LeT militant killed in a shootout - May 21, 2012
- Two foreign guerrillas killed in Kashmir's Sopore (Second Lead) - May 27, 2011
- LeT terrorists kill Kashmir cop's mother - Nov 21, 2010
- Two militants killed in Jammu region - Aug 12, 2010
- Three LeT militants killed in Kashmir gunbattle (Lead changing dateline) - Jun 03, 2011
- Kashmir guerrilla holed up in mosque dies - Oct 19, 2010
- LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes - May 25, 2011
- One killed in Kashmir gun battle - Nov 20, 2010
- LeT militant shot dead in Kashmir - Aug 27, 2009
- Guerrilla kills self in Kashmir mosque - Jun 30, 2011
- LeT militant killed in Kashmir gunfight - Feb 15, 2010
- Two LeT guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jun 16, 2011