Militants believed to have sneaked into India amid Pak infiltration bid in JammuAugust 26th, 2008 - 12:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 26 (ANI): In its second infiltration attempt since May, Pakistan troops reportedly opened fire on Tuesday at the Border Security Force (BSF) posts in Kanachak area of Akhnoor sector, allowing some militants to easily infiltrate the International border near Jammu.
Under the cover of the indiscriminate firing which took place between 12.30 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. on intervening night of Monday-Tuesday from across the border, a big group of militants took position near the Kanachak and fired at the BSF post.
According to BSF sources, some of the militants managed to cut open the fence and it appeared that some of them have sneaked into the Indian side. The Army has been alerted.
Despite retaliation from the BSF troops, as they fired back, heavy firing across the border has reportedly helped the militants to infiltrate into the country.
However, no damage was caused or casualties were reported on the Indian side.
With this, the number of ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops at the Line of Control (LoC) as well as the International Border has risen to 29, since January 2008. (ANI)
- BSF trooper killed in Pakistani firing in Jammu (Lead) - Jan 11, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid on J-K border - Jan 26, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Dec 29, 2010
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- Pakistan Army, Rangers fire on Indian posts on LoC, border (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Exchange of fire across India-Pakistan border - Jan 11, 2010
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- Army foils infiltration bid in Kashmir - Jan 04, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled, Pakistan opens fire at the Jammu and Kashmir border - Dec 22, 2009