Militant hideout busted in PoonchJune 4th, 2010 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
Poonch, June 4 (ANI): The Special Operations Group of Jammu and Kashmir Police along with an outfit of Army busted a hideout of militants and recovered a huge cache of arms and explosives in Poonch District on Thursday.
Following a tip-off, they carried out a joint search operation in Kasblari village of Mendher Poonch.
The recovered cache of arms and ammunition included 231 rounds of AK ammunition, two AK magazines, 48 pika rounds, three RPG rounds, 2.5 kilograms of explosive powder used in Improvised Explosive Device (IED) and 12 bundles of IED wire.
“With the help of the paramilitary forces, the J&K Police has formed small groups, which are deployed to scan the forests for hideouts and bust them,” said Manmohan Singh, Senior Superintendent of Police, Poonch Range. (ANI)
- Security forces recover a huge cache of explosives in J-K - Aug 10, 2010
- Militant hideout busted in Poonch - Feb 28, 2010
- Militant hideouts busted in Poonch - Feb 06, 2010
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Apr 19, 2010
- Arms, ammunition seized from Poonch militant hideout - Aug 28, 2010
- Hideout busted, recoveries made in north Kashmir - Nov 23, 2010
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- Security forces recover huge cache of arms from a militant hideout in J-K - May 22, 2010
- Huge cache of arms recovered from J-K's Reasi district - Nov 13, 2009
- Arms cache unearthed in J&K; - Aug 04, 2012
- Huge cache of explosives, detonators recovered in Poonch - May 31, 2009
- Explosives, arms found in Assam - May 17, 2012
- Army busts militant hideout in Kashmir - May 17, 2010
- Arms and ammunitions recovered in Poonch - May 01, 2010
- Huge cache of ammunition recovered in Poonch - Jun 03, 2009
Tags: ammunition, amp, arms and explosives, bust, explosive device, forests, hideout, hideouts, jammu, kashmir, kilograms, manmohan, manmohan singh, militants, paramilitary forces, pika, search operation, small groups, special operations group, superintendent