Militant hideout busted in KashmirJuly 14th, 2012 - 11:55 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 14 (IANS) Security forces have busted a major militant hideout in Jammu and Kashmir, recovering a huge quantity of automatic rifles, ammunitions, grenades and powerful explosives, an army official said Saturday.
After receiving intelligence inputs about the terrorist hideout in the forests of Marmat area of Doda district, around 170 km from here, a joint team of 10 Rashtriya Rifles and police conducted the raid Friday evening, army spokesperson Col. R.K. Palta told reporters.
“The troops had to walk for over 10 hours through rough terrain to reach the remote militant site. There is no telephone connectivity in the area. The army and police columns are still on their way back to the base camp,” the spokesperson added.
The arms and ammunitions recovered include many automatic and country-made rifles, their magazines, a pistol, launchers, grenades, 60mm mortar bombs and 5 kg RDX.
Besides these, binoculars, grenade fuses, radio set antenna, propaganda books, medicines and Rs.1,819 in Indian currency were also recovered from the site, Col. Palta said.
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- Huge arms cache unearthed in Jammu's Reasi - Jul 20, 2012
- Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian Army - May 09, 2011
- Arms, ammunition seized from Poonch militant hideout - Aug 28, 2010
- Security forces seize huge cache of arms in Rajouri in Kashmir - Aug 07, 2010
- Army busts militant hideout in Kashmir - May 17, 2010
- Militant outfit busted in Kupwara - May 17, 2010
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant killed in Kashmir - May 26, 2012
- Huge cache of explosives recovered in Rajouri - Jan 14, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in J-K encounter - Apr 24, 2011
- Arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - May 31, 2011
- Huge cache of ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Jan 24, 2010
- Security forces recover a huge cache of explosives in J-K - Aug 10, 2010
- 40 kg RDX recovered in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 01, 2010
- Two top militants killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: army official, army spokesperson, automatic rifles, friday evening, fuses, grenade, grenades, indian currency, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, mortar bombs, palta, police columns, radio set, rashtriya rifles, rdx, rough terrain, rs 1, security forces, terrorist hideout