Mika makes Jalandhar to dance on his tunesDecember 12th, 2008 - 2:27 pm ICT by ANI
By Karan Kapoor
Jalandhar, Dec.12 (ANI):Indi-pop singer Mika was at his best when he performed at the Bagpiper Mauja hi Mauja concert in Jalandhar.
With Mika churning out his best numbers one after another, the crowd went mad. Children, teenagers along with not so young couples, all were seen dancing, shaking legs to the songs.
Demand of once more arose from the crowd at regular intervals and Mika obliged. Super hit song such as Mauja hi Mauja, Aye Ganpat, Sawan mein lag gayi aag, you name them and the ever energetic Mika had those ready.
But with all fun and entertainment to offer, Mika didnt forget to pay homage to people who lost their lives in the recent Mumbai attack.
In a candid chat with media men, he condemned the gory attack by terrorists in Mumbai.
Mika also took a shot at Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) leader Raj Thackerey.
“I am very sorry for all those people who lost their lives in Mumbai terror attack but I think this incident has been an eye opener for all those people who used to talk about being saviors of Maharashtra. Where were they at that time when the ultras stroked Mumbai? At that time 400 National Security Guard were deputed to Mumbai from Delhi. This was a proof of our national unity,” said Mika, in a press conference.
Known for creating controversy because of his flamboyant and extravagant acts, Mika seemed to be a different person while speaking to the media persons.
He expressed his anger over the Operation Blue Star also, describing it as similar to the Mumbai attacks. He also spoke about the insensitivity of the Government while dealing with people stuck in Golden Temple in Amritsar during Operation Blue Star.
Mika seemed very happy performing in his home state.
“My previous show was at Patiala and today I am performing at Jalandhar. We have done many a concerts in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan also. But today we are performing in our own Jalandhar and that is a special thing for us, he said.
He made a mention about the sentiments which lie in the heart of all Punjabis.
With fun, frolic and masti filled the atmosphere of the concert, it was aptly named Mauja hi Mauja. (ANI)
- Now Mika wants to lend voice for Amitabh, Aamir - Mar 14, 2012
- Mika has unique voice: Big B - Apr 23, 2012
- Mika recreates 'Vande Mataram' his way! (With Images) - Aug 07, 2012
- Mika Singh creates history in Australia - Aug 18, 2010
- Mika Singh Makes Kapil Dev Paaji Rock To His Tunes! - Jul 17, 2010
- Mika floors Jeff Jarrett with his tunes (With Images) - Jan 27, 2012
- Kamal Khan wins 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa' - Dec 26, 2010
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstars: Kamal Khan From Patiala Declared The Winner - Dec 27, 2010
- Mika, Shaan together in movie? - Aug 03, 2012
- CWG closing ceremony reveals India at its dynamic best - Oct 14, 2010
- Our music inspiration for youth: Kailash Kher - Feb 02, 2012
- Shahid, Priyanka's 'Uff' moment at IIFA Rocks - Jun 09, 2012
- Adnan Sami lets the music play on 39th birthday! - Aug 23, 2012
- Big B dances to 'Kammo' in RGV's 'Department' - Apr 12, 2012
- Mumbai's Dahi Handi stakes run high, pyramids higher (Lead) - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,